• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i suck at alt. throwing

grimraper139

Smash Cadet
i just cant get the timing down and when i do it right i cant do it twice in a row.

are there any tips for performing them more consistentely

Sock414

Smash Rookie
You could try going into training mode and setting the speed to something slower like 1/4 and gradually speed up. Also trying out bigger characters like Bowser and DK might help, because they tend to be easier to chain grab. But remember that the timing for the chain grab varies between characters. Practicing a lot will definitely help, it may be tedious at times, but you will eventually get those down.

Hikarihoshi

Smash Cadet
Practice practice practice. When I first learn about the alt. chain grab, I was like OMG pro skill! I then went in training to try it out but I couldn't do not even one. I gave up. A week later I picked it up again when I saw a pro did it in a video. I then spend an hour practicing and got to a max of 3. From that day forward, I spend like 15 minutes in training doing alt. throws. Now today I finally can do around 3-6. It just takes practice. Good luck! =D

Ark22

Smash Apprentice
Another thing that might help is to walk, not run, when you do alternate throws. If you mash the stick too hard, nana or popo will run too far forward. All you need is a gentle tilt to walk forwards just a bit.

The alternate throws are easiest at lower percents, and get harder as your opponent has more damage. Try first chaining down throws at very low percents on training mode because that gives you the biggest window of success.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
Yeh, I started doing it in trainin mode at 1/2 speed and working up mehself. Arks tip sounds accurate as well. Id say 10 mins a day iz all u need and ull b fine soon enuf. Remember not 2 own it up 2 much or u may lose some friendz :p.

Top Bottom