• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I See All" - Palutena Video Thread

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
The Palutena Video Thread

The first post is a little bit of a WIP, I promise it'll look nicer later!

Here you'll find a collection of Palutena gameplay videos, from both the 3DS and the Wii U version. Videos of matches will be arranged by Friendly Matches and Tournament Matches, and then arranged by player name, and further arranged by the type of match it is (1on1 / team / free-for-all). In the case of there being more than one Palutena in the match, I'll list the video under each player. Eventually I'll mark each video with either 3D or U to specify which version it's from.

I encourage you to post Palutena gameplay videos here if you have any, and we can also critique / analyze matches here : ]

Singles

Aerolink
vs Awestin (Ness): Smash 4 Invitational Swiss Round 1
vs Dakpo (ZSS): Smash 4 Invitational Swiss Round 2
vs Sethlon (Robin): Smash 4 Invitational Swiss Round 3
vs Luck (Lucina): Smash 4 Invitational Winners Semifinals
vs Dakpo (ZSS): Smash 4 Invitational Winners Finals
vs Awestin (Ness): Smash 4 Invitational Losers Finals
vs Critter (Link): Shockwave Smash 3DS Winners bracket
vs Bwett (Little Mac) Shockwave 3 Winners Semis
vs Sethlon (ZSS) Shockwave 3 Losers Bracket
vs Typo (Captain Falcon) Shockwave 4
vs NotSoShyGuy (Little Mac) Shockwave 4
vs iiGGY (Rosalina) Shockwave 4
vs Blink (Lucario) Shockwave 5
vs iiGGY (Rosalina) Shockwave 5
vs Jumpman (Mario) Shockwave 5
vs Luck (Sheik) Shockwave 5
vs Denti (Sheik) DBA1
vs Megafox (Fox) TRTTGC2
vs Swaka (Fox) TRTTGC2
vs Cub (Yoshi) Shockwave 10
vs Critter (Ike) Shockwave 10
vs Denti (Diddy) Shockwave 10
vs Denti (Diddy) Shockwave 11
vs Phenom (Fox) Shockwave 11
vs Awestin (Ness) Shockwave 11
vs Denti (Diddy) Shockwave 13 (fancy ledgewarps)

Big D
vs Captain L (Pikachu) Gameclucks Grand Finals *Customization
vs Krynxe (Ness) Gameclucks *Customization
vs Jason ! (Sheik) Gameclucks Winners Finals *Customization
vs Firefly (Yoshi) Gameclucks *Customization
vs M2K (Diddy) [VOD]

Death Arcana
vs Staz (Diddy Kong) Game Den Weekly

Fujin
vs Jak (Yoshi) STL SmashWarz Vol. II
vs Dude Lvl 92 (Pac-man) STL SmashWarz Vol. II
vs FeFan88 (Pit) STL SmashWarz Vol. II Winners Semi Finals
vs FeFan88 (Mario) STL SmashWarz Vol. II Losers Finals

GenoBlob
vs SonnBuns (ZSS) Hypest Weeklies

HonSiZi
vs Oscar H (Lucario) Bar Battles IX
vs IPG (Ness) Bar Battles IX
vs Pretty Boy Lupe (Villager) Bar Battles IX
vs Evan (Peach) Bar Battles IX

Kinuski
vs Loota (Lucario, Samus) Dynamiitti IV Grand Finals *Customization

Kyo
vs FlashSen (Rosalina) Team Hypest Tournament

Rashid
vs CK (Dedede) IGN Con (go to ~23:50)

RegiShikimi
vs Kodystri (Ness) Hypest Weeklies

TonyFinale
vs xJcLx (Shulk) Hypest Weeklies
vs Phuziks (Sheik) Hypest Weeklies
vs BundtCake (Iggy) Hypest Weeklies

Trevonte
vs K9 (Sheik) THE Invitational

Doubles

Aerolink
+ iGGY (Rosalina) vs HotPants (Ness/Mario) and Owl (Link/Donkey Kong) TRTTGC2
+ iGGY (Rosalina) vs RT (Lucario) and Trela (Shulk) TRTTGC2
+ iGGY (Rosalina) vs Megafox (Fox) and Espy (Sonic) TRTTGC2 | Part 2 here

Last edited:

Kero the Invincible

Smash Apprentice
Thank you VERY much. It's been quite a pain finding Palutena footage (that isn't the trailer) .

Last edited:

Mettie7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mettie7
3DS FC
2191-8121-7929
Good thread me boy, now fill 'er up... once we get more videos of course

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
Super Speed Jump Glide Palutena in Action Please.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
...Man... I really like how Palutena looks, she's like a buff up Zelda mix with a hint of Sheik with some great gimmicks and I boy do I love gimmicks. I already know I'm going to main Sheik but I defiantly want to test and explore just how good she really is once the game comes out. Expect to see me around after the 3rd.

Last edited:

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
Added a couple 1on1 for glory matches I found on youtube. I don't know the players' names unfortunately :z

Edit: Also added in Kmpyj's amazing new 4glory matches.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Major kudos for this, friend mine.

She truly is a thing of beauty. <3 Such wondrous versatility and magnificent skills!

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Loving all these videos but it makes me restless to be using her myself.
Also makes me pray strongly that the Wii U version has a feature to share videos of matches.

Sardonyx

星黄泉
I can't wait to play as her once the game comes out in the US! I'm anxious to discover advanced Palutena techniques and to generally just have fun maining her. :joyful:

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
Same! Every time I play my demo I get kinda irked that I can hover over her picture but I can't use her

I added the very nice tournament match that Aerolink posted. There's some really good combos in here.

Last edited:

mangamusicfan

Dark lord
NNID
mangamusicfan
3DS FC
1891-2073-5876
Got the game yesterday trying to play with her and I like her.
Also awesome thread

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to a tournament on Sunday that Clash Tournaments is hosting. Don't expect much from me. I'm a lab monster who has no real matchup experience...but I may surprise you... I hope? Even if I scrub out, I'll use her against better players and try to save my replays and upload to Youtube.

If worst comes to worst, we can at least analyze it and figure out what did and did not work.

Last edited:

Kutios

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kutios
3DS FC
3540-1275-4035
Great thread.
I'm learning more stuff for her myself and this is very helpful.

When the Wii U version comes out, I am able to contribute more, as I have better recording tools.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
I'm going to a tournament on Sunday that Clash Tournaments is hosting. Don't expect much from me. I'm a lab monster who has no real matchup experience...but I may surprise you... I hope? Even if I scrub out, I'll use her against better players and try to save my replays and upload to Youtube.

If worst comes to worst, we can at least analyze it and figure out what did and did not work.
Will be looking forward to it. Regardless of how you do, any replays will be very valuable.

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
I uploaded a few matches I played myself; I'm not that good, but I think I did a pretty good job fighting my friend's Little Mac even though I lost in the end:

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Not bad. Nice nair kill at 2:20!

I feel like against little mac, when he's above you, it's better not to overcommitt to trying to hit him in the air (unless he's high enough % to be killed), instead you can just stay below him and at a decent range, because when he lands he's going to have lag, and he doesn't have any tools to stop you from staying within dash grab range while he's falling (short range aerials and no projectiles, so you can just fall with him and wait until he lands)

Last edited:

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Edit: Wrong thread.

That said, thank you for the video Maraphy

Edit 2: Just stand from the ledge. No reason to keep jumping. You have no options to defend yourself by doing this. You can't shield. You can't air dodge. It says to your opponent that you are willing to trade...which you don't want to do with Mac.

Also, use Down or Back throw only. No reason for you to go for the Up Throw you did early on.

Last edited:

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman

Played a few Wi-Fi games for like... the 2nd time against a friend.

The clip has no audio & I apologize for the cell phone quality but it should demonstrate what the character is capable of for those of you who have NO idea what you are doing.

Note the Jab into F Smash combo to end his first stock. People should start using that.

Edit: Just noticed the SHI Gaming audio is still in the background. lol

Last edited:

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Wow, nice match! Just wondering where this was commentated or what event this was at?

Jab to fsmash, that's awesome. Does that work always or only when the jab makes them leave the ground and then land on it, thus getting the super long smash 4 landing lag, which allows the fsmash to connect? (AKA when they're in the air or when they're not in standing position and the jab lifts them up).

Fsmash is so strong so either way, even if it only works sometimes it will be so useful to kill at 90-100%.

Last edited:

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Wow, nice match! Just wondering where this was commentated or what event this was at?

Jab to fsmash, that's awesome. Does that work always or only when the jab makes them leave the ground and then land on it, thus getting the super long smash 4 landing lag, which allows the fsmash to connect? (AKA when they're in the air or when they're not in standing position and the jab lifts them up).

Fsmash is so strong so either way, even if it only works sometimes it will be so useful to kill at 90-100%.
ROFL! I couldn't figure out why you were asking me what event this was from/commentated at when I saw this message this morning.

I went back and watched the video and noticed that the camera picked up the audio from the SHI Gaming Stream I was watching last night while I was recording.

So embarrassing!!!! ;_______________;

This is just me playing Wi-Fi friendlies with a friend though.

Last edited:

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
ROFL! I couldn't figure out why you were asking me what event this was from/commentated at when I saw this message this morning.

I went back and watched the video and noticed that the camera picked up the audio from the SHI Gaming Stream I was watching last night while I was recording.

So embarrassing!!!! ;_______________;

This is just me playing Wi-Fi friendlies with a friend though.
Oh LOL it felt like the commentary was for that game xDD

Hey guys, was playing some matches with a friend and he uploaded one of the replays so I'm gonna share it

That game I was trying particularly hard to move around a lot and space with fair. I think it turned out ok, that fair is mighty fast and has good range. I was a bit sloppy this game (I need to have better reactions for grabbing, Smash4 is much faster than I'm used to), but oh well.

I figure against Peach, she doesn't have a aerial as fast or with as good range as Palutena's fair, so I was thinking what if I just spam the heck out of it? Keep her on the ground and make her approach me. And QQ didn't get any good grab combos this game X)

Criticisms, ideas, comments, suggestions, pl0x!

Last edited:

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
@ Yoshi Kirishima Yoshi Kirishima It was pretty good! I liked your aggressive use of F-airs. Though, I was kind of confused as to why you didn't go for any D-throw combos, they're good for racking up damage

Also, be careful when warping! :0 always try to warp past opponents, it's very dangerous to warp next to them unless you know they can't move right away

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Didn't do so hot ha ha. I got super nerves playing on stream vs Atomsk even though he's a friend of mine. I just... completely shut down and played probably what felt like the worst game of Smash in my life. I'm too embarrassed to go watch the replay. Never played on stream, didn't actually think I'd get that nervous for no real reason.

Oh well, I still learned a lot. I have a lot more practice to do before I go back in 2 weeks.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Matches from Shockwave 3:

Vs. Bwett - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmG0h8JYIgY&list=UUuBhMqosgW-ECZjJZ9pv0Dg

Vs. Sethlon - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AF59pwRjXA&list=UUuBhMqosgW-ECZjJZ9pv0Dg

I'll do better next time. The matches I won were not on stream.
Why are you so based! And you even like KLK! So ****ing based. Palutena is super super fun to me and I'm having so much fun playing Smash Bros and here you are constantly showing awesome Palutena play and posting on these boards and sharing with us your games. DAMN. I really love studying your games and repeatedly watching them over and over.

Based based.

Well, time to watch! Awesome, Little Mac and ZSS, two characters I have trouble against.

Edit: Oh my god the ZSS match is so freaking intense. Beautiful spacing and tech... sniff sniff. It's beautiful. It's so fast paced and exciting.

That last stock of the last game was very impressive from ZSS... unfortunately for you :(

Those commentators are pretty annoying, they keep taking away from your guys' skill and knowledge by saying weird or just flat out wrong things...

Anyways, a very excellent performance, I didn't expect this level of play so early on. *tears* Palu vs Mac seems like it will likely remain a bad matchup for her (at least for FD) forever but you didn't make it look too bad!

Last edited:

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
I need to learn the spacing of fair and start jabbing more. also it might be only me but the matches are getting faster and faster in general. I don't agree with the commentators saying she can't kill early because at like 90-110 she can kill off stage.

Last edited:

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
Matches from Shockwave 3:

Vs. Bwett - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmG0h8JYIgY&list=UUuBhMqosgW-ECZjJZ9pv0Dg

Vs. Sethlon - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AF59pwRjXA&list=UUuBhMqosgW-ECZjJZ9pv0Dg

I'll do better next time. The matches I won were not on stream.
Nice, I added them.

I think in those instances where you used F-throw and then went for an F-air, it might be better to D-throw since that'll let you get the combo easier (or do those not really work on Mac?) The usage of Reflect to try to gimp Mac was a very good idea, I'm really glad that worked. Also, I think mixing up how you get up from the ledge would've helped you in those matches; Mac is able to punish you if you get up from the ledge without doing anything else. I like to drop from the ledge and try to approach with F-air but that isn't always safe either.

You were very aggressive in the ZSS matches, it was fun to watch!

Last edited:

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Yeah, I noticed I kept getting up on the ledge. A LOT. I was too predicable with it despite Palutena's getup from the ledge generally having a lot of invincibility (still punishable with the right timing). It was also what costed me the set vs. Sethlon as well. I'll be sure to mix up my ledge options come next time!

kamus_aran

Smash Apprentice
I'm having a hard time fighting against Shiek, somebody has a video post it here please :)

Thanks in advance

Top Bottom