• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Really need some help

stretchyman77

Smash Rookie
NNID
stretchyman77
3DS FC
1092-0473-8319
Hey guys, I need help installing this version of 20XX on console. I have Nintendont on my Wii and i have it softmodded so i don't need help with that. I used to have 20XX 3.02 up and running but that doesn't seem to be working anymore. The new .iso that I made was done with YouTube user MagicScrumpy's tutorial, and at the end of the video, he says that it will work on console. I have tried searching for this, but all the guides are for the old version and they don't work.

MagicScrumpy's tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdohfVWQLUc

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Did you remember to rename the file to "game.iso"? iirc MagicScrumpy didn't mention that in his tutorial because it isn't necessary for USB loader, which he presumably uses.

Edit: ignore the above, forgot that MagicScrumpy's tutorial was for 4.0 beta. You might find better help if you asked in the 20XX thread, instead of making your own separate thread, but I'll give it a shot lol;

Last edited:

stretchyman77

Smash Rookie
NNID
stretchyman77
3DS FC
1092-0473-8319
it wasn't, thanks. I'm about to go test this out, but before I do, do i have to rename it to game.iss or just game? My worries are that naming it game.iso will actually have the filename be game.iso.iso, and I know usb loader won't recognize that.

Last edited:

stretchyman77

Smash Rookie
NNID
stretchyman77
3DS FC
1092-0473-8319
Did you remember to rename the file to "game.iso"? iirc MagicScrumpy didn't mention that in his tutorial because it isn't necessary for USB loader, which he presumably uses.

Edit: ignore the above, forgot that MagicScrumpy's tutorial was for 4.0 beta. You might find better help if you asked in the 20XX thread, instead of making your own separate thread, but I'll give it a shot lol;
okay i will head there, thanks!

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
If you're using Nintendont, you don't need USB Loader. For Nintendont, your USB/SD card's contents should appear as follows:
(Root of USB/SD)
games
---E01
game.iso​
---E01
game.iso​
In which "---E01" is the game ID you've assigned to 3.02 and 4.0 Beta04. By default, Melee's game ID is GALE01. You can't have ISOs with identical game IDs, but ISOs will still be recognized as Melee so long as the last three characters "E01" are present.

Google for HxD Editor and download it. If you open the ISO file in that program, you'll be able to change the first three characters of the game ID (near the top) to anything you want. You'll receive a warning if you perform any actions that will change the total number of number/letter/symbol characters used in that...coding file text thing, so don't hit backspace or delete. (Typing anything will just replace the next character, kinda like on a graphing calculator.) G02E01 is a commonly used game ID for 3.02. If you want to change the game ID for 4.0 Beta04, I would suggest something along the lines of B04E01, so you can keep track of the beta version/update.​

While still in the HxD Editor, you can also change the title of the game as it appears on the Nintendont screen so you don't get confused later. For example, "Super Smash Bros Melee" can be changed to say "20XX 3.02" or "20XX 4.0 Beta04". Make sure to fill in blank character spaces with periods "." and not spaces " ".​

Edit: Sorry for sending you over to the 20XX thread when I could actually answer your question lol, I just misread it the first time and wasn't sure. If you haven't posted there already, feel free to just ask further questions here. You should check there first on future occasions though.

Last edited:

stretchyman77

Smash Rookie
NNID
stretchyman77
3DS FC
1092-0473-8319
If you're using Nintendont, you don't need USB Loader. For Nintendont, your USB/SD card's contents should appear as follows:

In which "---E01" is the game ID you've assigned to 3.02 and 4.0 Beta04. By default, Melee's game ID is GALE01. You can't have ISOs with identical game IDs, but ISOs will still be recognized as Melee so long as the last three characters "E01" are present.

Google for HxD Editor and download it. If you open the ISO file in that program, you'll be able to change the first three characters to anything you want. G02E01 is a commonly used game ID for 3.02. If you want to change the game ID for 4.0 Beta04, I would suggest something along the lines of B04E01, so you can keep track of the beta version/update.

Edit: Sorry for sending you over to the 20XX thread when I could actually answer your question lol, I just misread it the first time and wasn't sure. If you haven't posted there already, feel free to just ask further questions here. You should check there first on future occasions though.
actually i see that i am using the dios mios booter, sorry. i havent booted up my wii in a while since it stopped working. i used nintendont a long time ago for another game.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Well if you have nintendont installed already, you have no need to bother with USB loader stuff. I couldn't help you with that anyways, since idk how dios mios or USB loading it works.

As long as you have the apps > nintendont files/folders on your USB/SD card, and have the games folder set up like I showed above, then it'll work.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Did you get it working? I can take screenshots of what your USB/SD card contents and the HxD Editor text should look like, if the instructions are hard to follow

Last edited:
Top Bottom