• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Really Hope Marth Gets Some Kind of Compromise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
From what I can see, Lucina is what Marth used to be in Melee (even in Brawl for that matter) stat-wise but I'm not sure yet.

She now seems to have a much better air game than Marth and her Dancing Blade has more hits in her combos. I think she might even run faster. This is kind of a split opinion thing here but she doesn't have a Tipper which is better for some, so she's essentially easier to use. Lucina can easily be called the "Marth for Rookies" character but will there even be an incentive to use him after her?

So is Marth's ground game gonna be significantly better this time around? Will he have less hits in his Dancing Blade combos but with more damage on each hit? Will his knockback be much better than Lucina's? Will his tipper have a much larger damage multiplier in Sm4sh?

Regardless of his Tier, I'll still be using Marth constantly. Just really makes me wonder how Sakurai's gonna play this one out.

So my question is... what do you think Sakurai's gonna do with Marth?

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
From what I can see, Lucina is what Marth used to be in Melee (even in Brawl for that matter) stat-wise but I'm not sure yet.

She now seems to have a much better air game than Marth and her Dancing Blade has more hits in her combos. I think she might even run faster. This is kind of a split opinion thing here but she doesn't have a Tipper which is better for some, so she's essentially easier to use. Lucina can easily be called the "Marth for Rookies" character but will there even be an incentive to use him after her?

So is Marth's ground game gonna be significantly better this time around? Will he have less hits in his Dancing Blade combos but with more damage on each hit? Will his knockback be much better than Lucina's? Will his tipper have a much larger damage multiplier in Sm4sh?

Regardless of his Tier, I'll still be using Marth constantly. Just really makes me wonder how Sakurai's gonna play this one out.

So my question is... what do you think Sakurai's gonna do with Marth?
I believe Marth will be given some unique attribute to coincide with his "tipper", we just haven't discovered his full potential yet. As the first Fire Emblem character, he deserves that much.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If what Sakurai has stated... then Marth and Lucina's ONLY difference is Lucina not having a tipper and being slightly shorter. He indicated that even their stats are the same, so if Lucina looks better than Marth, Marth has been buffed back up again. I'm not too worried, I think Marth being nerfed was just in that outdated build.

Stompu

Smash Apprentice
If what Sakurai has stated... then Marth and Lucina's ONLY difference is Lucina not having a tipper and being slightly shorter. He indicated that even their stats are the same, so if Lucina looks better than Marth, Marth has been buffed back up again. I'm not too worried, I think Marth being nerfed was just in that outdated build.
This, I distinctly remember Sakurai saying that Lucina and Marth were identical with power, speed and moves

fdigl

Smash Rookie
This, I distinctly remember Sakurai saying that Lucina and Marth were identical with power, speed and moves
IIRC he said "almost" identical. I think weight plays a part in this, AFAIK.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
IIRC he said "almost" identical. I think weight plays a part in this, AFAIK.
Yeah I've been contemplating that too. If not, I think the decision making will be left completely on whether you want a tipper or not.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I will admit, Lucina's Dancing Blade did look a bit different, its just I was under the impression that Sakurai said they were identical. He at least said they were identical, or almost identical in stats, so I presume that Marth at E3 was just not as good in that build and he'll be better in the final version.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Marth will almost definitely be changed in one way or another, as will every character from the E3 demo. It was heavily reinforced that we weren't seeing the final build and if it turns out that Marth was indeed really bad, we've got to try and remain optimistic that his issues will be ironed out before release. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom