• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I quite like Brawl's sound effects. Are they likely to be changed for the US release?

Dudechapguyman

Smash Cadet
I don't know anything about the Japanese versions of the original or Melee, but I've read multiple times that one of them had more realistic sound effects, and that those sound effects had to be changed for the English release. Is this likely to happen again with Brawl? Have we heard any word on it? I like the hitting sound effects in Brawl, so this pretty much decides whether I get the Japanese version or wait for the NTSC-U version (which may not even work on a Wiikey'd PAL Wii anyway).

Vigilant Gambit

Smash Journeyman
I like how every one of Ike's sword attacks sound like the footstep of an irate elephant, trampling all those who stand in its way.

That is, when they connect.

Shdwmarth

Smash Rookie
I don't know anything about the Japanese versions of the original or Melee, but I've read multiple times that one of them had more realistic sound effects, and that those sound effects had to be changed for the English release. Is this likely to happen again with Brawl? Have we heard any word on it? I like the hitting sound effects in Brawl, so this pretty much decides whether I get the Japanese version or wait for the NTSC-U version (which may not even work on a Wiikey'd PAL Wii anyway).
Unless swords clanks and punches sound different in Japan....No. I don't think so :chuckle:

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
SSB64 in Japan had realistic sounds while we got "bowling pin" sounds.

I really doubt we'd get new sounds for Brawl though. Although, I also didn't think they'd change Snake's mines. So what do I know?

LaughterIsDeadly

Smash Apprentice
on the website www.smashbros.com on the english side they have sonics voice in english and the sound effects are the same in the videos where he's comboing. just look at any of the ingame footage from the english pages on their site.

FigmentJedi

Smash Rookie
It would be really nice if they kept the actual lightsaber-ish sounds for the beam swords this time around.

otter

Smash Ace
It's a good explanation for the most recent delay. "localization issues"

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
No...! I want them to keep every sound! If they change any of the cool sounds, then hello Japanese version :) And yes, even the beam sword japanese sounds would be cool too.

Kruton

Smash Ace
I know all of Snake's grunts and sounds will be replaced by David Hayter.

Someone at TGP also told me that Pit doesn't 'freak out' as much when he's doing his side special.

VDZ

Smash Apprentice
I hope we get an option for Japanese voices. I don't want a crappy dub actor shouting out a high-pitched 'I choose you, Charizard :D :D <3'.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
the voice acting will be redone but i cant really see them changing the normal sound effects unless there's some form of copyright infringement.

IcarusAngelus

Smash Rookie
I know all of Snake's grunts and sounds will be replaced by David Hayter.

Someone at TGP also told me that Pit doesn't 'freak out' as much when he's doing his side special.
Awww, but I like the freak out.

NE-NE-NE-NE-NE-NE-NE!!

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
So...should I buy the japanese version so I can have the cool voices and sound effects?

Top Bottom