• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I played Brawl, here's just a few impresions.

ElectroBlade

Smash Journeyman
I only played a few characters: Lucario, Meta Knight, Olimar, Wario, and Toon Link...oh yeah and Sonic.

Sonic: Well...he's really gonna take some getting used to. His Fsmash isn't really useful at all, but I like his Dair. But I only played Sonic once.

Lucario: Pretty good character, and he gets stronger as he gets damaged more. His recovery can bend and turn instead of going straight, and his FS is powerful and fun to use. :)

Wario: I played as him the most, but I really don't know if he's "good" or "bad." But I know one thing, Wario is FUN to play as. Just plain fun. :) I tried his fart attack at full power and it sent Wario so high he flew off the screen. XD Wario's bike can be an item. Also, Wario's FS is really good and again, really fun to use. Wario Man's air attacks make him float/fly. :)

Meta knight: Really good character! If you just hold Up on the control stick and press A rapidly, he'll keep floating upward doing a very fast attack. Also gliding is kinda broken. You've probably seen that vid were MK flys all around Hyrule, right? Well when I was on Lylat Cruise I glided under the ship to the other side. :p His FS didn't ever KO anyone at around 30%.

Olimar: I doubt he would be very good at 1 VS 1, but in 4-player brawls he's actually really good, kinda. He's a lot heavier than you would expect, and his Pikmin Chain (Up B) can be one of his best attacks. His FS is also cool when his ship crashes down and owns everybody below it. He plucks Pikmin VERY fast, but doesn't throw them as fast as I would've thought. Kinda like Wario, he was also pretty fun to play as. :)

Toon link: I only played him once and I SUCKED. But anyway, he's pretty fast and also pretty floaty. His Dair makes him shoot straight to the ground, and if you hit someone with it you bounce off them XD. His bombs' explsions have Wind Waker graphics.

One more...downside of Brawl. The stages took forever to load, especially Pictochat. That took about 10 full seconds to load. D:

mosk123

Smash Journeyman
did u unlock everything through vs matches?
if not, howd u get toon link?

ElectroBlade

Smash Journeyman
Well it's not MY copy of Brawl, I went to a place with the full Japan game, and they had everyone unlocked except Wolf. And you can unlock everyone through VS matches.

mosk123

Smash Journeyman
ah k
hoping there was an alternative for unlocking toon link.
i've unlocked all chars except toon link, jiggly and wolf

ElectroBlade

Smash Journeyman
I wish I owned Brawl. XD It'll probably be a few weeks before I play it again. :(

thetoastinator

Smash Apprentice
Wait. Did I read that right? Lucario gets STRONGER when he is damaged? Wow. That's intriguing

WoodyDave

Smash Apprentice
Wait. Did I read that right? Lucario gets STRONGER when he is damaged? Wow. That's intriguing
Yeah, its been known for a while now.

I think it goes like this

damage taken% -> damage done

0% -> 1.00

50% ->1. 25

100% -> 1.50

150% -> 1.75

200% -> 2.00

mosk123

Smash Journeyman
Yeah thats awesome.
You can notice the difference when your playin' with him :D

Omhatoen

Smash Apprentice
I dont mind the loading. As long as it doest screw with the gameplay.
Same here, mate.

Like I say, "You should be grateful with what you get. Don't whine about things that are like 10 seconds long; just be lucky that they're not 10 minutes to an hour long..."

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
luacrio looks like a cool character other then my main pit he might be my backup if sonic suck or i suck when i play as him

NinjaT2D

Smash Cadet
wow the more damged lucario gets the stronger? thats pretty awsome (but of course i'll be owing to much to get damaged lol)

Top Bottom