• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I play Roy and pichu, which characters should I pick for what matchup?

sadweather

Smash Apprentice
I'm bad at titles sorry

what I mean by this is that I main Pichu, but I also like playing Roy. Is there any characters that Roy can deal with a lot better than Pichu? For instance, I have a lot of trouble with Ice Climbers as Pichu and not as much with Roy.

but, I like facing Fast Fallers better with pichu.

Any suggestions?

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
Really hard to say tbh. Pichu isn't really hard countered by anyone, and really is just there but bad. I don't see any jarring issues using him in any matchup.
Roy, I don't know. He's a wildcard. If you can get solid reads on your opponent you're good to go in just about any matchup, because if you can do that then his lack of options is irrelevant.

He does have significant issues against ice climbers, though. I find it really odd how you have an easier time with roy vs them, as Pichu is just safer.

I mean, nair their shield and quickly move behind them and you're left practically lagless, but almost anything roy throws out on their shield will get grabbed.

I guess just avoid using roy in these matchups: :icsmelee::jigglypuffmelee::zeldamelee:

I would say avoid sheik, but he gets tech chased by her as opposed to chain grabbed, which is a lot better

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
use pichu for kirby and floaties. pichu loses to floaties badly of course but not as badly as roy does. play whomever against sheik, both get wrecked. both get wrecked by ice climbers. spacies are a tossup, definitely use roy on FD though. use whomever for nearly everyone else. not sure about them because i don't know about many of roy's matchups.

sadweather

Smash Apprentice
thanks guys, yeah I dont know why i do better against ice climbers with roy. its not like roy's good against ice climbers, he is just better than pichu. and i'll definitely take your suggestions into consideration.

Top Bottom