• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I personally think brawl should be revived into the competitive scene.

Should brawl stay dead or be revived?

• Stay dead

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Be revived

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
Sure, when you see streams you see like the same 5 people, but thats basically the same thing with melee. And yeah, I know about tripping, but that doesn't change the fact that smash 4 isn't a "refined brawl". Brawl is in itself different from smash 4.
Lets have a comparison .
Air dodging:
In smash 4, if you hit the ground its easy to punish.
In brawl, if you don't land its easy to punish.

The shield in brawl is worse.
You can ONLY pivot grab in brawl when running. In smash 4 you can pivot f-tilt and f-smash.
You can ledge hog in brawl. You can ledge trump in smash 4.

Brawl is a more floaty game.
Brawl has less combos but higher damage outputs.
Brawl is slower? Does it really matter when players are making 2 stock tournaments now?
Brawl has more chaingrabs than smash 4.
Brawl is a more airial based game than smash 4 if I'm not mistaken.

While alot of things ARE similar about smash 4 and brawl, the fact that smash 4 is a better competitive game than brawl DOES NOT mean brawl should just die out. Its its own game and thats not changing anytime soon.

What do you think? Should brawl stay dead or be revived?

Spaghetti Falco

Smash Apprentice
NNID
brandorf
3DS FC
3024-6627-7748
I personally enjoy Brawl the most out of all Smash games
And it upsets me that I rarely get the chance to play Brawl with others of a higher skill level due to the lack of Brawl tournaments
So im all for Brawl coming back
It's just a matter of how many other people do

Drippy

Smash Ace
I personally enjoy Brawl the most out of all Smash games
And it upsets me that I rarely get the chance to play Brawl with others of a higher skill level due to the lack of Brawl tournaments
So im all for Brawl coming back
It's just a matter of how many other people do
I'd be down for revival of Brawl. never really played competitively because I was a casual back than but I absolutely love watching competitive Brawl. I love all the Smash games competitively but by far enjoy watching Brawl more and it's only slightly beaten by Project M because I like the bigger variety / better balancing in PM. This is coming from a SSB4 player as well.

Last edited:

Glasgowsmile

Smash Rookie
Nope, they messed up with brawl, taking almost everything out of it competitively spoken. And yes the slower play does matter and makes it even worse. Imo people don´t want to see slow paced campy matches, they much rather see exciting action packed gameplay like 64 or melee has to offer.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Yeah, Brawl isn't really viable anymore; not now since we have an overall better game in Smash 4. Project M is as close to a Brawl revival that we'll be getting.

Top Bottom