• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Need To Revive This Place

Metà

Smash Master
While trying to "revive" the M2 boards is a vallient idea, I have just a few comments for the community to think about. 1. Why should we try and convince scrubs that m2 is top tier? most of them will drop m2 and whats worse is that we will suddenly have a ton of scub m2 players runnin around.
We are not trying to convince people he's top tier, or at least, I'm not. Any good Mewtwo player knows that Mewtwo is the epitome of suck; these aren't the Ness boards, where everyone thinks that their character is unstoppable and such. We know he's a weak character, but we just love to play as him and we like encouraging others to be daring like us and side with the underdog. Also, we've always had tons of scrub Mewtwo players running around. Mewtwo is a favourite among newbs and non-competitive play. Therefore, as people come onto this site, it is up to us, the Mewtwo elitists to enlighten them. I spend a lot of time teaching noobs and I enjoy it, because I'm returning the help that the people here on SWF have given me with respect to upping my game. Airo, Taj, and I are always here on the Mewtwo boards available for people to summon us. We like to contribute, otherwise why would we even come to these boards? I really like how people are starting to take Mewtwo seriously and not just saying "omg he's uber powerful and he can Battlefield glitch LOLOLOL!"

Epic Mewtwo post ftw. ^ ^

Greta_the_Great

Smash Ace
Players don't necessarily need to win to change the perception of Mewtwo as a serious character. Alot of players don't have fun anymore if they're not winning. I think Ness and Mewtwo are the epitome of speed and perspicacity. They're great characters not because "I wanna feel like I'm one of the select few" attitude most people that play them have. That isn't a reason people should play Mewtwo. Scrub Mewtwos don't bother me. What annoys me is when people try to jack and copy playstyles.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
You know, it's kind of impossible to have a completely original playstyle. I mean, there are certain moves and combos that work that everyone is going to use.

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
truely, the best way to revive this place, is to burn the tier list. =p..
too many people take influence from it. while in truth, at most people's level of gameplay, the tier list doesnt even apply to them.

on the side:

taj is NOT KNOWN because of his combo video shadowclaw..
in truth, the combo video has lots of hypothetical combos and they dont impress me =/

But what makes taj so well known is his success in tournaments.
doing well in a big tournament is the BEST way to get famous =p
and taj does that more than often.

He doesnt even need videos, he doesnt even need to post on the forums. words spread like fire. he was already well known before the existance of his combo video.

what DOES impress me in taj's recorded matches are his random sexy moonwalks, newly invented applications of disable, and crazy techchases.

i remember a thread a while ago about disable and at that time, from what i read, taj hasnt made use of disable yet. =p

taj always comes up with something new, which is uber nice. super ultra ninja cookies FTW

bugball

Smash Apprentice
only way to get famous for me its travelling to USA from Spain? :/

sure, SSBB online come out now!

2ndchance

Smash Journeyman
Right.... Ive heard "Why the heck did they put a worthless charecter in this game" (reffering to M2) and "M2 is the worst charecter"(gimpy said this alot)

Ill help anyway i can, ill get some vids of me up soom

quak

Smash Champion
eh, i COULD work on one in my boring classes, buuuuut, well, i'll see about it.

anyway, i have no idea if this is coincedence or not, but the mewtwo forums are getting alot more new posts. Don't know if this thread had anything to do with it, probably may have, kudos. Most unexpected.

CQue tHe Sunn

Smash Journeyman
idk about others but i came to visit the mewtwo forum because of seeing what taj could do with him. he's nuts and really inventive. i picked up mewtwo as a joke, then had fun and checked out some vids, found taj, and took mewtwo more seriously. after seeing mewtwo beat a decent fox, it made me feel more like the tier list in reality didnt mean ****. it doesnt decide matches we do, and any character can be played to beat any other. regardless of skill level of other player, the characters' potential, and the tier list.

Airo

Smash Lord
"M2 is the worst charecter"(gimpy said this alot)
there ARe lots of biases and influences from the tier list

but no not gimpy, hes just joking... hes probably just mad cause i won one match against him. jokes. hes played taj, he knows mewtwo is not the worst character =p

right now, gimpy in all his consioucness, believes roy is the worst character, he can debate you about it too =p

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
I wish that we could all get together and STD! that would be alot of fun. But it's totally impossible. If any of you invent a teleporter let me no lolz. I just find it interesting that none of us really live by each other.

2ndchance

Smash Journeyman
Umm, refering to the last part of the essay about mewtwo,
Didnt you go 4loses 2wins against tajs mewtwo?

yeah, taj is better than mewtwo xD

mewtwo is still the worst, its somewhat of a counter match against bowser

bowser cant edgeguard, no garbage kills, which makes it 10 times harder to get kills, and mewtwo combos bowser better than 75% of the other characters, mewtwo does die up fairly quickly though... i dunno, taj is to good, mewtwo is the worst. xD
He said this a day ago lololol

2ndchance

Smash Journeyman
lol I knew it was somewhat humor but i didnt have Gimpy humor 2.0
I had 1.9 so I didnt see it fully.

But really, I will have Vids of me if not in a week 2 weeks tops.
What would really help the mewtwo forum is a long good guid to Mewtwo.
And more Taj vids

Metà

Smash Master
I wish that we could all get together and STD! that would be alot of fun. But it's totally impossible. If any of you invent a teleporter let me no lolz. I just find it interesting that none of us really live by each other.
Airo and I live very close to each other. =) We just haven't played each other yet.

Metà

Smash Master
=p
its kinda sad... i play people you play with all the time,. but when ever im there, you are not =.=
My parents don't like driving me places to play smash, so they limit me to one event per month. I always choose that to be a tournament, not a smashfest. You seem to go only to smashfests. The funny thing is, this coming tourney is going to be the first one I've missed in over a year, so if you go, I'll be missing you once again. e_e

bugball

Smash Apprentice
hehe how different its the life here in spain, if here there were championships, i would go to all, here we came all weekend at 10 am to house, all night of all weekends are a party,no matters if there were 1 or 2 or 1000 tourneys, i would go to all, although youre in the university like me... anyway i want to travel USA!

Metà

Smash Master
I might actually end up coming to this tourney, but I'll be there at 4:30-ish if I make it there at all. I would like to make it to a smashfest though. I've been to about 6 or 7 tourneys so far, and only two smashfests.

Thunderbolt

Smash Journeyman
Jesus Christ. I've been absent from SWF for 2 days and this page already on its 5th page. Good job, my fellow Mewtwo'ers.

Anyways i'm hitting up a Low Tier Tournament at the end of this month and i'm whipping out my Mewtwo. Wish me luck I guess...

bugball your Mewtwo in your siggy looks like a mixture between something from Resident Evil and Super Buu from DBZ.

Airo

Smash Lord
died down again.
what are the reasons...

it could be that mewtwo is fully discussed and almost every aspect is touched on; that of the small population we have, everyone is intellectual and do not make repetitive threads.

or

a some mewtwo players lost interest in mewtwo and left for another.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i'd like to come in since people care for no reason and state that i know who the worst character is, and its not mewtwo (and i never ACTUALY thought it was roy airo lol)

kirby is the worst character in melee and he has no potential for growth lol

i still think m2 is worse than bowser by a fair amount though. poor thing T-T

<3 all you m2 players, m2 is tight, play him more, give me more interesting low tier vids to watch please.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
we can redo it when next we meet, maybe this time i'll care enough to try OH SNAP THAT HURTS!!!! lol jk, i look forward to it haha

come to GC or something

Metà

Smash Master
*Jumps back onto the Mewtwo bandwagon*

Mewtwo is too sexay to be ignored. Even though I don't play him seriously, I find him to a very fun and interesting character. Also, now that Taj is the mod, things might be a little different around here; I don't know how, but for some reason, this board seems to have increased its awesomeness. : )

FlipX

Smash Ace
Well I just started playing mewtwo a little while ago for fun and I started getting semi ok with him so hopefully ill have some vids up of my mewtwo this saturday, I know you guys can hardly wait =)

Top Bottom