• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need to know what characters this site think is likely

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_fartn_Spartan

Smash Cadet
I'll try to keep this brief. I've only come here a few times because I mostly post on GameFAQs. I'm trying to make a roster, and I'm wondering what the general consensus is here on newcomers. What characters does this board think is the most likely?

A user named Snakey on GameFAQs (who I think also posted here) claimed that he looked at over 20 different Japanese sites. He's a respected user so I feel like he has no reason to lie and he's not just making stuff up. He concluded that Japan's Top 10 Newcomers are:

Mewtwo
Roy
Mega Man
Palutena
Shulk
K. Rool
Dixie Kong
Chrom
Zoroark
Waddle Dee

with Ghirahim, Starfy, and Black Shadow (possibly taking Ganondorf's moveset) are the most wanted/talked about characters. He also stated that retro characters are rarely mentioned, but Takamaru is by far the most talked about.

Anyway, to improve my roster, I definitely wanted to talk to some people outside of GameFAQs and asks a few questions. I would like to know who is considered most wanted and most likely here, and I guess I'll start off with 1 other question. What do you guys think the size of the roster will be? The latest poll on the GameFAQs board had 45 character slots having the most votes, which I agree with. I figure there will be a 9x5 roster.

a_fartn_Spartan

Smash Cadet
First off, why would you bother listening to some no-name user on GameFAQS of all places? I saw the thread by coincidence; this is no different than the "Ultra cool and respected Smash analysts/prophets" (that wanted to become popular and elite) we've had before for Brawl. He's respected with some 70-120 guys on Gamefaqs. You're telling me that this makes it a big deal and we have to listen to him because he's "respected"/has a sage level on his account? Big whoop

Secondly, do what frost said. Check the sticky. Otherwise, your "snakey" king is no different than what we've had before. Take everything with a grain of salt and do your own research, like looking at Sakurai's journal entries. Sampling a little over "20 sites" doesn't mean squat considering Sakurai manages to defy everyone's logic, after time again.

:rolleyes:
Well now you have your method of making your roster, and I have mine. And there's only about 5 people tops that I'd actually believe did this research, and Snakey is one of them. But the fact is I'm trying to make a roster and want THIS BOARD'S opinion. Which stickied topic are you talking about? I'm looking for who you guys think is likely, not necessarily who you think is wanted. Are you saying just to post in the topic with over 3,600 posts?

EDIT:

Nevermind, I know which topic to look at. Sorry about that guys. Last time I was here there was just 1 huge topic.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
just so you know, @MasterMushroom... Snakey is also a member of SmashBoards, known as ChronoBound... and all that is posted there in GameFAQs is also posted in the Roster Discussion Thread Sticky... guess you didn't know that, did you? :troll:

besides, this is just the characters' popularity from Japan.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
just so you know, @MasterMushroom... Snakey is also a member of SmashBoards, known as ChronoBound... and all that is posted there in GameFAQs is also posted in the Roster Discussion Thread Sticky... guess you didn't know that, did you? :troll:

besides, this is just the characters' popularity from Japan.
NO WONDER THE POSTS LOOKED EXACTLY SIMILAR

I KNEW IT :awesome:

EDIT: I barely visit Smashboards or any of the other forums anymore, to be frank. I had no idea :laugh:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Snakey again? lol He also has an account on this site and he usually posts here before Gamefaqs. A lot of people in recent days certainly have been asking for him/copying his work.

Anyway what MasterMushroom said. We have our own popularity poll, a large collection of Sakurai interviews sticky-ed in the Smash 4 General Discussion forum, as well as the best speculators on the web (that includes Snakey aka Chronobound around here). Try your own hand at a roster and try posting it in the sticky-ed Roster Prediction or Discussion Thread and we'll be sure to give you personal feedback.

a_fartn_Spartan

Smash Cadet
Snakey again? lol He also has an account on this site and he usually posts here before Gamefaqs. A lot of people in recent days certainly have been asking for him/copying his work.

Anyway what MasterMushroom said. We have our own popularity poll, a large collection of Sakurai interviews sticky-ed in the Smash 4 General Discussion forum, as well as the best speculators on the web (that includes Snakey aka Chronobound around here). Try your own hand at a roster and try posting it in the sticky-ed Roster Prediction or Discussion Thread and we'll be sure to give you personal feedback.
I have a lot of old rosters, but I think I'm going to wait until we see what happens with the Pokemon series. A lot of speculators on that board think that Nintendo will have a 6th gen surprise for the Genesect movie.

D

Deleted member

Hey I remember you (Limelight788 on that board).

Anyway, like --- said, just put your roster up in the prediction thread and we'll be sure to give it feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom