• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need tips and tricks with Pit

Gusto

Smash Cadet
I am about to go to a Project M tournament, and I would like advice, combos, and just general tips and tricks with Pit.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Sorry for the late reply, but I'm curious how both of yall ended up doing.

Just general tips is really hard to give without specific questions. If there's anything you'd like to know, I'll do my beat to give you a good answer.

varsity_scooter

Smash Rookie
Just started playing pit against my best friend yesterday, hes a lot of fun. These are some thing I noticed but I dont know if they are technically confirmed so if anyone can correct me it would be appreciated.
Down throw to nair I think is guaranteed. I noticed his up B spikes from above. his side B works just like Ike's in that you can go right into ariels or other attacks, like a super wavedash that you can also use in air and for recovery. Arrows have a LOT of hitstun and auto cancel so can be used for approaching. Up airs can juggle and when you get them to a high enough percent (probably above 60 but please confirm, varying on different maps) up B is pretty much a guranteed kill. Down throw chaingrabs spacies.
Anybody have tips or specific information on how to use his down B?

Last edited:

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
Yup, there might be another property to it besides reflecting though. One time I used it to reflect a laser back at Fox and when he ran in to Bair me the shield blocked the hit

varsity_scooter

Smash Rookie
Oh neat. Just watched some Armada at apex laxt year, does D tilt spike??
I currently dont own PM though, sorry if my questions could be figured out on my own but these things are great to know x)

Last edited:

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
It's alright man, and d-tilt does spike but current d-tilt is really slow and needs to be timed to Spike someone

un.dead

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Project M code ⬆
3DS FC
0650-2459-4046
Just started playing pit against my best friend yesterday, hes a lot of fun. These are some thing I noticed but I dont know if they are technically confirmed so if anyone can correct me it would be appreciated.
Down throw to nair I think is guaranteed. I noticed his up B spikes from above. his side B works just like Ike's in that you can go right into ariels or other attacks, like a super wavedash that you can also use in air and for recovery. Arrows have a LOT of hitstun and auto cancel so can be used for approaching. Up airs can juggle and when you get them to a high enough percent (probably above 60 but please confirm, varying on different maps) up B is pretty much a guranteed kill. Down throw chaingrabs spacies.
Anybody have tips or specific information on how to use his down B?
Concerning 3.5 Pit

- D-throw only gets followups if there's bad/no DI. And I could be wrong but I don't think Pit has legit cg's when there's good DI.
- Up-B isn't something you should rely on to kill. People survive that **** like it's nothing. I had a Ness survive it on FD and smashville at ~160% after hit. U-air is both safer and sometimes more effective at killing.
- Besides edge guarding [and neutral only if your opponent doesn't powershield], arrow also will bail you out of grabs if you planned ahead [and then you can convert off of those hits if they haven't already thrown you].
- Down-B can be pretty good depending on the MU. Not something you'd use against people with a projectile that's spammy or with little hitstun, like Link or Lucas. It's fine for pokemon, ZSS, ROB, Snake, sometimes Samus if she uses super missile->charge shot and there's no homing missile out.. situations like that. It also reverses people if you use it right before they attack, so it's useful near the ledge but it's still an extremely situational move.

Also you might want to forget about d-tilt. Between D-smash, D-air, angled F-tilt & F-smash-2 he doesn't need to ever use D-tilt which is a really bad move in 3.5. D-air has a [spike?/semi spike?] of its own which makes for way easier edge guards than f-air and sometimes even n-air and arrow. It's at the outside of the slash like Marth's.
Edit: Oh I just remembered something. In 3.5, Arrows aren't good for approaching. You'll get punished for misusing them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom