• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need specific information. Help?!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ok..So I started playing falco..and I can play him fine technically..I can pillar..waveshine..double shine..I don't need help with that. What I need help with is what to do in certain situations on certain characters. For example I see forward sometimes instead of shining after hitting with a dair he will follow them and dair again. I do this but I want to know when it is better to shine and when it is better to follow with dairs and nairs? I tend to doubleshine pillar but should I waveshine back and fourth through there shield instead? Should I shine grab? How often should I jab? i've noticed Falcos waveland is very useful....am I correct?

I jsut need general help on what to do agaisnt characters.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
umm, I think it all depends on the opponents damage and how far in the air they go after a landed Dair. for example.

let's take some one like marth

low% dair -> shine (duh)

40's% dair -> utilt

65% dair -> dair

85% dair -> nair -> full hop laser jump across level to close distance then nair or bair ftw.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Thanks. Can someone confirm these %'s /give more?

Jazriel

Smash Ace
(I can only fight comp's atm so keep that in mind)

I find marth's the easiest to combo. Them and fox. They fly up nice and high and it's easy to d-air to shine combo them.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
oh and hylian, I've found that against cf, sheik, and ganon, you can chain together at least 3 shfflnairs to sweep them across the level. so If you do a Dair at the right %, you can just do that.

I wish you could actually find someone that knows how to answer your questions, but you'd probably be better off checking for help in a different thread.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah I will probably figure most of this stuff out after I play more people with falco. I am trying to use him in an upcoming tournament though and can't afford to just try him out there. I mean come on its EVO!

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Thanks alot ^_^. I really really really really like it lol.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
On foxes do dair> shine when low but they can get out of it after like 3 of them so you should follow it up with something rather than another dair. For marth i almost always do dair to utilt.....maybe unless they are at like 0, because they seem to recover too early if i try to shine at most %. At medium to high percents just bair or nair them after you shine them (you will probably have to double jump). The things you asked about doubleshining, waveshining, and shine grabbing all kinda depend on the situation. If you usually screw up and get grabbed then you should probably waveshine and get behind them to continue your pillar. If you can do dair>double shine continuously then i would say go for that. If you are pillaring and they always just shield then do a shine grab (unless they release and you get a combo). It just depends on what your opponent is doing and what you are good at. I hope i helped.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I am fine against Foxs and other falcos...How about Falcons/Marths?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
But they just seem to enjoy that!

Top Bottom