• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need someone with brawl to test this out..

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
since I noticed someone has already got brawl, I'd need him/her to test this out..

the topic is metaknight's forward B move:

1) is it possible to get out of metaknight's forward B using DI?

2) is it possible to use crouch cancel to prevent metaknight's forward B from working as a combo?

3) I noticed that when metaknight uses his forward B move in the air, he has some lag after it as he has to land, but that if he performs his forward B on the ground he gets almost no lag. What exactly happens if you start your forward B in the air but then push down and steer metaknight towards the ground having him land on it as a result? Does metaknight get some lag or not?

4) is forward B (performed on the ground) + up B a combo?

if possible try out on different chars at different % (like.. Fox and bowser who are the heaviest and lightest)

the purpose of doing this is understanding if metaknight's forward B will be a good move or not. Since it deals quite damage but the last hit doesn't really send the opponent THAT fat a Forward B + Up B combo sounds really sweet in order to send opponents off stage, but the real deal comes with forward B out of shield. With wavedashing out of shield gone and the new aerial mechanics it might just be way too easy to spam moves on someone's shield simply spacing away from him. A good out of shield move would prevent them from doing so and I was planning to use forward B in order to do so.

thanks for the help.

Doomgaze

Smash Apprentice
I have played quite a bit of meta knight to answer a few questions.

1) Don't think so, my opponents havent been able to as far as I can tell. I havent played against MK that much. It's easy getting in that last hit.

2) No. Crouch cancelling doesn't work in this game.

3 & 4) What happens after Forward+B is that once the attacking animations finish, he will make sort of a leap backwards, away from the enemy, after which he will enter falling state, during which you can do nothing until you land. If you steer the F+B toward the ground, he will still make that back flip before landing on the ground. For that reason you can't perform Up+B immediately after the drill spin, which is why I recommend to always angle it up.

The thing is if the final hit connects it will send your opponent quite a distance, so it's usually good to angle it slightly upwards during the second half of the animation. This will send the opponent up and you will hit the ground before he does, allowing you to follow it up somewhat. I personally like to follow it up with A-attacks.

I won't make a detailed analysis because the game is brand new but my personal input on this move is that it's somewhat useful.. I's slow and easy to see coming, which is why I dont recommend using it offensively.

The tornado on the other hand is a VERY useful B-special!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
1) is it possible to get out of metaknight's forward B using DI?

2) is it possible to use crouch cancel to prevent metaknight's forward B from working as a combo?

3) I noticed that when metaknight uses his forward B move in the air, he has some lag after it as he has to land, but that if he performs his forward B on the ground he gets almost no lag. What exactly happens if you start your forward B in the air but then push down and steer metaknight towards the ground having him land on it as a result? Does metaknight get some lag or not?

4) is forward B (performed on the ground) + up B a combo?
1) Not really.
2) No.
3) Yes, he gets lag.
4) Not really.

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
first of all, thanks everyone for the help.. forward B will be a must for my game and I think might really make the difference for metaknight since he hasn't got really good agility (although his attacks are very fast).

we should start thinking up uses for the tornado too, but maybe we should open another thread for that =P

anyway watch 0:22 of this video.. http://youtube.com/watch?v=aYYIffOx5z8

metaknight performs his forward B starting it and ending it on the ground with nearly no lag, isn't it enough to follow up with up + B or something else according to you brawl owners?

algandar88

Smash Journeyman
first of all, thanks everyone for the help.. forward B will be a must for my game and I think might really make the difference for metaknight since he hasn't got really good agility (although his attacks are very fast).

we should start thinking up uses for the tornado too, but maybe we should open another thread for that =P

anyway watch 0:22 of this video.. http://youtube.com/watch?v=aYYIffOx5z8

metaknight performs his forward B starting it and ending it on the ground with nearly no lag, isn't it enough to follow up with up + B or something else according to you brawl owners?
yea possibly his tornado or dimension cape

Top Bottom