• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need some opinions please!

Shellshock821

Smash Apprentice
Alright, so I was playing with my friends earlier today and everything was all good, we were mostly playing four person free for alls just to get into the game (warm ups). Then I shine spike a couple of times and everything goes to hell. I seriously think I heard "I hate you" more times today than my whole life. Needless to say I had to put up with a bunch of *****ing that I just don't feel like hearing and I was starting to get pissed off.

So let me lay it down, I'm a cheater for "Shine spiking (I can somewhat see how this is annoying, but it got to the point that any time I shined I got yelled at), edgeguarding, edgehogging, chaingrabbing, spiking, etc.) So the options I have are to take away all manner of shines from my Fox and not chaingrab period (as if I get a chance to in free for alls), I'm not supposed to edgehog or guard at all because that's as they say "not fair". Then to make matters worse since I'm such a cheater they wanted to freaking one on one me in free for all matches, so I can't even defend my self because once I attack one person the other one hits me.

I'm so sick of having to deal with "your such a cheating *****" just because I try to win. The fact that most smashers actually do these things all the time because it's generally standard stuff, yet I have to deal with the constant attacks really does get on my nerves. So the overall question is this, should I stop doing all of those things just for there sake or should I keep doing what I'm doing and not give a **** what they say. I know this question has been asked before, and I'm sorry to bring it up again, but I need a direct answer because this crap is really annoying me. Thank you.

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
Tell them to get over it or stop playing you, and continue to do the advanced techs. Thats what I'd do. If they wont learnt how to beat you or pick up the advanced techs themselves then its better that you dont play them for serious in the first place. If they cant take it find some new smashers that dont whine.

But if you want to play for fun (and thus not pissing off your friends) then just temporarily dumb yourself down. Make sure you dont get in a habit though because otherwise your skill level will drop after too many games.

Dont worry about what they are saying about you, it just means they want to be as good as you but cant be stuffed to put in the effort. I have similar cases of being called a cheater when playing against my friends in Age of Empires 2. One of my friends calls me a cheater because I use tactics that he deems "cheap" such as building towers close to his base and attacking before 10 mins has passed so he can "get ready" for an attack. The reason he calls me a cheater is that he has played the game for like 6 years and I only started playing it last year and i beasted him every single time I played him, so hes just wanting to be as good as me.

Anyway, point is that dont worry about what they say, take it as a complement if you will :) and if they cant live with it find some new smashers.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Just tell them the truth. What your talking about is standard gameplay for SSBM. If they have a problem with it, tell them they can get over it. Who are they to keep you from getting better at this game just because they can't do what you're doing. If they still have a problem with it, time to get some new friends.

Shellshock821

Smash Apprentice
Thanks guys. I don't think it's more so that they can't do it, it's that they refuse to do it (I mean edgeguarding and such) because they think it is overall cheap and that everybody that does it is cheating scum. That everybody should have a fair shot at whatever and that spiking (shine spiking) at the cliff gives no options or anything, chaingrabbing kind of in the same way. I don't agree with it, and I most certainely don't like it but I have to put up with it. But after hearing it for like the 50th or so time I'm getting quite annoyed, sick, and tired of it.

Ronin686

Smash Ace
Tell them to go **** themselves. It flatters me when people get angry when they play me at smash. I take it as a compliment.

Top Bottom