• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need some help

Brian777

Smash Rookie
what exactly do you need help/advice on?

as for general advice, learn marth's airial moves well, and learn to shffl really well lol
other than that, practice edge guarding like mad!

flaco

The Terminator
Well slim am here for your services on marth just pm me and I will help you out am a marth expirenced so just pm me.Well do you the basics like lcancel,wd,wavedash,shieldgrab,jc grab,or moon walking.

SLIM

Smash Journeyman
I need help doing aerial combos, wavedashing, and shuffling. And what the heck is moon walking

flaco

The Terminator
Well moon walking is only one move that captain falcon does is actually good to learn,k il help you in airel combos well like double fair and nairs.Also use the nuatral a move in the air it gots good range and pority.I hpe it helped you bro.

Eugenio

Smash Lord
Well SLIM you and me are in the same boat. Well sort of, I know how to wavedash, SH double fair and all that good stuff, but Lcanceling is tuff for me not to mention shffling. I was gonna make a thread like this myself. Ill tell you how to wavedash though. The thing about wavedashing is its a 1,2,3 motion 1 = diagonal down, 2 = X or Y, 3 = L or R. Once you get the the hang of it, it's super easy, just remember every character has there own pace. theres a video that explains all this. I really hope this helps at all. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6291416880228194155&q=Smash+Bros.+advanced+how+to+play

demonsbane105

Smash Journeyman
yea those are just the controls though. a wavedash is when you jump and right before you leave the ground you do an aerial dodge diagonally downward in whichever sideways direction you want. this will cause him to slide while standing, giving you the perfect opportunity for a grab or fsmash. i'm still trying to fit it on my strategy myself, i'm almost there though. i know flaco gave me plenty of hints a few weeks ago so try consulting him.

the iron peach

Smash Apprentice
It's a short hop, then a forward aerial. Two can be performed in one short hop, but it takes practice. I'll try and teach you as much as I can on Saturday, if we can go to the tournament. Try reading the FAQ stickied at the top of the page, it should help.

uremog

Smash Ace
you probably just need to practice releasing jump fast enough to short hop. same with releasing shield for WD. and don't worry about moonwalk, pretty much only falcon and link do it. it makes them move backwards, you'll know it when you see it, it looks like moonwalking, after all.

Eugenio

Smash Lord
Ok. Renegade Marth, you said marth can do a SH fair, how do u do that
Well the SH double fair is pretty simple. As soon as you SH press Forward + A then you press it again imediately after the first slash. I actually use the Z trigger because its alot faster than pressing A, Im also trying to use the C stick for the second slash for better spacing, whatever works for you. Make sure you
L cancel & fast fall all your arials. Im actually working on that myself also. :bigthumbu

flaco

The Terminator
true renegade marth I agree I do it like that to against my bros sheik lol,but yea just immedaitely,and it pretty useful to.

the iron peach

Smash Apprentice
I like to use A for the first fair (since it's close to X) and the c stick for the second, but whatever you want to do is fine. It just takes good timing.

flaco

The Terminator
well marth has alot of possibilitys like fairs nairs,wd combos,jc grabs even a desent recovery all you need to do in a marth is learn to space him use is range to make your move use the dashdance pretty well also to confused your opponet also the shuffld moves are a most like these combo for example a short hop to double fairl to lcancel to grab or wd to foward smash marth is a good charecter with the combos but you need your practice to make him better thats all.Also the wd will help learn miindgames like wd foward and back to make your opponent react to attack you and then make your move like that.

booshk

Smash Lord
practise.
incorporate advanceed techniques into ur game. moon walking, l cancelling, and whatever flaco named are not basics. they are advanced techniques.i personally will give u this advice
practise the advanced techniques
look at ken videos to see where to place them, try it out, see if u improve or not. thats how my marth got to its level.

sup

Smash Cadet
It is only for captain falcon I havent seen link do it.So am guessing that is only for captain falcon.

demonsbane105

Smash Journeyman
you probably just need to practice releasing jump fast enough to short hop. same with releasing shield for WD. and don't worry about moonwalk, pretty much only falcon and link do it. it makes them move backwards, you'll know it when you see it, it looks like moonwalking, after all.
according to uremog link can moonwalk, unless he's mistaken. anyway how do you moonwalk as whoever can moonwalk? (I really don't like straying off subject, sorry)

flaco

The Terminator
I will need to look on it but I am pretty sure that link cant moonwalk he could wavedash like all the characters of the game but he cant moonwalk i let you know gurrented.

Top Bottom