• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Need Some Help With My Story

The Mano Games VII

Smash Journeyman
Where I live? Why, location is a state of mind my
Alright, so on my story, The Descending Evil (which I have not given up on!) there's one thing that I really want to do, that I'm not sure I can without some help. I want the fighters to do actual moves and techniques that actually exist and then describe it with my own unique flair.

All these moves and techniques are based around swords, so all the techniques I need to study are sword techniques (well, actually, some lance ones would be nice to, but the swords are more important, as they are the weapons that belong to the hero and villain).

The reason I need such extensive research is because the villain has basically seen every single sword style in existance and has taken what he thought was the most useful from each style and has taken 7-10 years to create his own unique style that allows him to not only respond to any attack, but also to always figure out the perfect counter, and he's gotten really good at this.

In other words, he's pretty much one of the best swordsmen in the entire world, so I'd like his fighting style to reflect this. It's going to be a difficult task I bet, but I bet I could do it if I tried really hard (my martial arts teacher has actually done this with hand-to-hand fighting, and so has Bruce Lee I think).

So if any of you have any links of videos, pages, histories, anything that'd be helpful, I'm all ears.

kr3wman

Smash Master
What doesn't work is that...

All the different Sword fighting styles and techniques work with different types of swords. I'm sorry, but the idea would seem to not work at all.

But I'm sure somehow the main villain can conjure up clones that each have a different sword style and then the hero defeats them all and they have an epic showdown and blablabla.

Top Bottom