• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Need Peach Help

Sol Squid

Smash Cadet
So yesterday I decided to pick up Peach again. I had the amazing opportunity to play @AceStarThe3rd in an online tourney. I luckily got him in my first match, and I was really nervous. (I rushed to turn smash on so I was using the gamepad btw) We ended up playing to time, and I lost by about 70%. The only thing he said about my Peach though was, "Wow, I've never seen a Peach play so aggressive!" I wish I could have saved the replay, but it was a tourney. So, I need some help learning more about Peach. If you need basic info about how I play, I'll try to describe it. I usually play aggressively in the neutral, using aerials very often, and using Ftilt, Dtilt, Dsmash, and Fsmash to get opponents back in the air. I sometimes use other moves to mix up and kill. When edgeguarding, I usually use turnips to chain into Fair or gimp. When an opponent tries to get onstage, Uair, Dair, and Dsmash are what I use the most. Getting back on stage I usually float Dair or try to clip the opponent with tge umbrella. If I am in a large percent defecit, I usually run away to get turnips to use as bait.
That should be enough to get help. I haven't found a character that I love yet. (Even Smash 3DS is almost a year old) Peach was my first main in a Smash game though, so I guess she just kind of clicked with me. I gave her up in Smash 4 after she placed low mid-tier in the beginning. Now that people are finding her true potential though, I see her becoming a real threat.
I fought Ace at 1:23:40 in the stream.

Last edited:

MJN Pilot

Smash Cadet
NNID
SSB-Pilot
3DS FC
4184-4408-1292
Aight, so this is something I've been wanting to make a post about for a while, talking about Calculated Aggression with Peach.

Now, everything I say I think is true, but that said, take it all with a grain of salt. I'm not amazing, and I am sure some other players would disagree.

Peach is one of those characters that's in an interesting place when it comes to aggression. What I mean by this, is that she is a character that can alternate between being aggressive and defensive easier than most. For example, Captain Falcon is not very good at playing defensive, and he's all in your face rushdown. Rather than characters like Robin, who are more passive, wanting to wait for their opportunity. Now Peach is really good because she can do both of these to relative success. If I'm against a Captain Falcon, I will be wanting to play defensive, since I know I'll lose a straight out brawl with him. I do this by making sure to have a turnip in hand, and keeping him off of me with bair. (Side note, you shouldn't float in the neutral all that often, since it's punishable, but if you can RAR float bair quickly, it's effectively a way to throw out a bair without having to drop the turnip). If you find playing defensive difficult, I would recommend learning your turnip setups inside and out. You'll have less opportunities to get a combo off than him, since he's faster, so learn to optimise your punish.

When playing against a character like robin however, you'll want to be more aggressive. I find that pulling a turnip at the start is not as important in type of matchup, and you could use the opening as an opportunity to gain stage control. The thing about Peach, is that while you're good at being offensive, you can not, play "mindlessly". You can't go in and hope for the best. Have a plan! I like using floating nair's as an option which can punish a more defensive player since it's so fast, and it can often lead into a dtilt, which is one of your best combo starters. However, I would recommend heading into the lab and finding what works for you.

While having a style is great (I myself am a more defensive player at heart), you need to be able to play all styles, so as to be able to mix it up. Learn how to be aggressive. Going in is only the right option when you know what you're doing. When in the neutral, you need to learn to mix it up. However, I rarely use my tilts (other than dtilit if I know I can hit it), I mostly focus on ariels and the like, but I guess that's my style. Haha.

When edgeguarding, try and bait an airdodge with a turnip, but make sure you watch how they recover! Do they burn their double jump a lot? Punish with fair! Do they airdodge? Turnip then fair (what can I say, fair's not fair). Peach's edgueguarding is so good because if you can read what they're gonna do, there is always a way to punish it.

Royal_Tea

Smash Cadet
NNID
Royal_MC7
I agree with MJN Pilot. Peach has a playstyle that is arguably one of the most different yet versatile, even more so because of turnips. I personally prefer being aggressive because I like the fast pace/in your face action. However, you should know what you are approaching your opponent for. A few of my friends I play competitively play very defensively, so I do feint jumps or purposeful dash attacks to bait them into trying to think they have an opening.

Although Peach is not the best at offense or defense, she can keep up with Sheik, Falcon, Fox if you can autocancel and fastfall her moves properly and have very good defense because of her movement, toad, and turnips.

Top Bottom