• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need music suggestions!

Seed of Sorrow

Smash Champion
Anyways I searched for this, (a search that took 2.61 seconds, lol), and I didn't find a thread like this so, yeah, here it goes:

Okay, I need some good music! I have just gotten into really listening to music and need some good songs. So, I need suggestions, but before that you should know what I already listen to:

Electronaut
Linkin Park & Jay Z: Lying from you/dirt off your shoulders and numb encore
Linkin park: In the end, lying from you, numb, faint etc.
Fortminor: Remember the name, Where'd you go
Eminem
Breaking Benjamin
Juno Reactor
Nine inch nails
Panic at the disco
The transplants
Video game soundtracks (halo2)
White Stripes
Weird al
Staind
Fuel
T.I.
Jay Z
DJ SHadow and Zach De la Rocha

And of course a lot more

Anyways, I'm also really looking for instrumentals.

ANy suggestions will be appreciated!

The Earthbunny

Smash Cadet
Yeah I was just about to ask the same thing. I got a new ipod recently and want to fill it up with something other than video game music...

Sensai

Smash Master
Rage Against the Machine, if you enjoy Zach de la Rocha. Political message is good, as always. Also, try out some Guano Apes. Good stuff there, too.

Nirvana is like the Transplants...kinda. Foo Fighters springs off from there. The Pixies influenced Nirvana. Any of those bands are great, but I have a feeling you'd really enjoy The Pixies.

Also, you can't ever go wrong with the Beatles. :-D And if you like them, try out some Oasis. If you like THAT or/and wish it were a smidge harder, try Jet.

4% APR

Smash Champion
If you like Transplants you could try Rancid. Tim from Transplants sings for Rancid.
Reel Big fish and Mighty Mighty Bosstones are not really like anything you listed but I find them pretty enjoyable.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
In the order you should listen to them:

Rage Against the Machine
Pixies
Pavement
Fugazi
Sonic Youth

They're all late 80's/early 90's alternative, and were all either influenced by grunge or the influences for grunge.

Revolutions

BRoomer
BRoomer
these fields are optional but will enhance your on
^Regarding VD's list: Move the Pixies to most important and Sonic Youth to second most important.

get MUSE. Doesnt matter which CD, just go buy one. You'll be glad you did.
It does so matter! Absolution is their best, and Origin of Symmetry is almost as good. Their newest album, Black Holes and Revelations, is also excellent, but it breaks away from their established sound a bit. (The beginning of "Starlight" is just so cute!)

If you like the White Stripes, you might like the Black Keys or deadboy and the Elephantmen. They aren't that similar beyond the one guitarist and a drummer thing, but both those bands are pretty good. They don't vary their sound as much as the White Stripes, so their records can seem repititious, but definitely worth checking out. Also, don't forget about Jack White's newest band, the Raconteurs. Their debut album, Broken Boy Soldiers, is a little short, but every time you listen to it you will like it a little more. It's a bit poppier than anything the White Stripes did.

I know that there is a fine line between "music taste that is different from mine" and "bad taste," but that doesn't mean bad taste doesn't exist. In the interest of not having bad taste, please stop listening to Linkin Park and Staind.

Seed of Sorrow

Smash Champion
Lol, I don't really listen to them that much. Only like 3 or 4 songs and 2 of their mixes with Jay Z. I don't like "roaring". I only listen to "its been a while" from staind

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Here are some bands you might like. They are mostly hard rock and alternative. If you like Breaking Ben & Panic! At The Disco, you should love these bands.

- Three Days Grace
- Senses Fail
- Kasabian
- Muse (definetely)
- Smashing Pumpkins
- Stutterfly (very good band, have a video you should see-
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=94515
- Armor For Sleep
- Dredg

They are mostly hard rock and alternative, I'm guessing you'll go along with everyone else's advice and listen to Muse. They are amazing.

Sensai

Smash Master
Muse is actually not all that bad....I listened to one of their CD's on the way down to a tourney the other day (The Origin of Symmetry, I believe) and it had me going for a bit.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
Oh, I forgot one:

Radiohead - The Bends

(the album, not the song. Even though the song is amazing and probably the best track on said album)

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Don't forget the gigantic suggestions thread at the topic of this forum. I'll keep this thread open as long as people try to give suggestions based on specific things for you, but I don't want too many of these threads made, really.

Top Bottom