• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Need More Allowance: What the Diddy Boards Need

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Why? Because, I do!
Shut up I like cheesy titles

The idea here is simple: post something you think the Diddy Boards needs so that people will know what would be helpful to take care of. I'll update the OP with your suggestions and tick off those things that are completed. Any crook of Diddy's metagame can and should be explored, so post anywhere you think there might be potential discovery; it doesn't matter how bizarre it sounds. Then, volunteer to take care of one of the things listed. I'll list you as taking care of a job underneath that entry, and then you need to come back with the results or the new thread made. If you don't deliver on your job for two weeks, your name is thrown out and the job is put back in the pile. I certainly couldn't do all this myself, so it's vital everyone else helps as much as they can (even if it's just a little research). Post any and all results you find, it's all useful. And so, without further ado:

What the Diddy Boards Need

Threads, Guides, and Concrete Information

• The frame data for Banana Trips on all characters
  • A revived Stage Discussion thread
    - Player-1
  • A good secondary for Diddy thread
    - Ingulit
  • Finished frame data on all of Diddy's moveset, including other Banana-related actions (Monkey Kick Cancel, Glide Toss, regular throws, etc.)
  • A comprehensive recovery guide (when to do what, etc.)
  • A new Throw guide
    - DUB
  • An OoS guide
  • A Zoning guide
Research

• Research done into Grab Releases of all types
  • Research into applications of Popgun Canceling for reversing momentum
  • Research into applications of Crawling
    - Kaptain Kong
    - Research Returned
  • Research into properties of Wall Cling
    - Kaptain Kong
    - Research Returned
  • Research into underused moves
    • N-Air
    • Falling U-Air
    • Offensive Up-B
      - 1 use mentioned
    • AAA/Triple Jab

Player-1

Smash Legend
Finished frame data on diddy's moveset including other bananas related stuff (regular throw, GTs, timing of the instant monkey kick, etc.)

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
We seriously need a Stage Discussion Thread. I haven't seen one around here. If there is one, feel free to point me to it. >__>

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Nair and triple jab will always suck.

and why does DDD fall off stage (at the edge obviously) when a pummel is buffered after a dash grab.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I can't really see a zoning guide working out for Diddy because his banana "zones" will always vary.
Not everything about Diddy's zones involve Bananas, and even then we can cover most of the basic Banana setups if someone would work on it.

Nair and triple jab will always suck.

and why does DDD fall off stage (at the edge obviously) when a pummel is buffered after a dash grab.
The whole point is to research to see if there is anything we can use them for, instead of just saying "oh they suck don't bother" :V

And this isn't the Q&A thread, this is about suggestions for things the Diddy board needs and for people to volunteer to work on them (something I don't see anyone doing <.<).

Let me spell it out

WE NEED VOLUNTEERS, PEOPLE! :p

rvkevin

Smash Lord
I think bringing back the stage discussion thread would be worthwhile...There are many tactics that are very useful that are dependent on stage...Bouncing bananas on Brinstar, Barrel Canceling against solid structures, Barrel Spiking through some stages to name a few. In addition, discusso how to effectively play on certain transformations on Castle Seige, Delfino Plaza, or Rainbow Cruise.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Stage discussion needs to be re-used... It's as important as matchups and ATs imo : smash is two players and a stage ; we must take the most out of everything we can.

I don't think I would be able to summarize anything nor make a thread look good... I'd help anytime if you find me something I'm able to do ._.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Stage discussion needs to be re-used... It's as important as matchups and ATs imo : smash is two players and a stage ; we must take the most out of everything we can.

I don't think I would be able to summarize anything nor make a thread look good... I'd help anytime if you find me something I'm able to do ._.
ill volunteer for something

what do you want me to do?
Pick something and do it! If you think you're up to making a thread, go for the Stage guide or the Throw guide. If you're not one for upkeep, do some research and post your results here! there's lots for y'all to do :)

DUB

Smash Lord
I had some old stage guide. It was somewhat basic and is probably out of date now. It's on the Diddy Boards for AiB.

I'll take the Throw guide. That's kinda my thang.

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
hey, i figured out that wall clinging gets pretty predictable cuz you can only jump or fall out of it
especially against people with range / disjointed hitboxes

crawling is situational, but is a cool mix-up cuz you can crawl backwards > glide toss forward
spacing wise, crawling is mainly useful for retreating or mindgames

Top Bottom