• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i need matchup experience.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
please dont bash me. im still fairly new to this site and not sure where to ask for this.
i need matchup experience. im not a good player. but i want to get good, by learning my matchups. what to and what not to do. so if you bowser players could be as of so kind to play me in a few friendly matches, it will be highly appreciated.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
just a note, bowser is unfortunately not that common at tournaments, the major matchups you should learn are snake, mk, falco (falco is VERY common, most common character ever), marth, rob, ddd and gdubs.

also, for all bowsers playing him, a tip, and the most matchup knowledge you will need for captain falcon, don't approach him when he is in the air, wait for him to either land or come to you. That is literally the matchup, other than that he just has a couple ok grabs and threats if you screw up very badly. Unfortunately (fortunately for us) CF is pretty limited so you shouldn't have many problems

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
There will be a few bowser's at my next tourney (believe or not) and I want experience in everything. I started at bowser boards since he is at the top. :p Whenever possible, just pm me guys and thanks. User on SWF are too friendly :]

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
Lol, way to leave when I start winning. :p
Lol I left when I won. Your bowser could use some work. Try up tilt and upb out of shield. Also, try airdodging. Falcon should never ever land a forward b on an opponent in the air

B!squick

Smash Master
By the time we actually got to you verse me, I was all Brawled out. If you'll recall, I wasn't even DIing your jab, lol. And it didn't help that my controler kept ****ing up too. x_x Plus, Bowser's shield is much less effective on WiFi. Lag wasn't problem, but it just felt slow. :/

Anyway, excuses aside, I'd like to play you again 'cause I know I can do better. :)

Top Bottom