• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need help =(

cdizzle

Smash Rookie
Be sure your firewall doesn't block and thing coming in.
Make sure you have all the ports that need to be open, opened.

Other then that i have no idea.

bennyboytx

Smash Rookie
OK well considering there is people posting lag issues every two seconds it might be partially your fault but mainly u can blame nintendo, millions of people connecting.... servers overloaded to the maximum, ya don't even think about it.

But what you can do on your part is a couple things.

A) Change your routers channel. 1 or 11 preferably. Incase your neighbors are all using 6.

B) Assign a static IP. You can configure the wii internet setting manually to make a NAT2 connection.
Go to http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=41913059 for a good how-to.

C) Port forward! once you have the static IP. you can port forward the necessary ports for the wii to its IP. or you could DMZ, which if your router has it opens all the ports to the wii (not having much luck with that myself).

Like i said it's probably not you, give nintendo a month or 2 to sort this out and then maybe people can enjoy the online play

BFCSX

Smash Rookie
Okay...

You decide if it is my connection or not.. here it is:

(I live in PA by the way)

I have also:

1) changed my router from channel 6 to channel 11

2) opened ports, dmz, entered static ip into wii

3) gone closer to router, 3 feet away, still problem

And yeah, I hear ya. Nintendo's got problems, what a SHOCK! :O

Top Bottom