• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need help with my capturing device, technical issue...

OTRU...

Smash Champion
so i bought a EasyCAP USB 2.0 Video Adapter with Audio external capturing device for my laptop. I managed to install it succesfully. When I tried opening windows movie maker (the new one that comes with windows vista) on my laptop which has windows vista, I couldnt capture from device because it wouldnt give me the option to do so. This was really odd since I had been recording on my desktop which has windows xp and the movie maker that comes with xp, and in that version it gives me the option to capture from device.

So my question is: is there anyway to capture in windows movie maker for windows vista?

I would appreciate any help.

Frames

DI
Yo joe, you can't capture from that device, because windows movie maker for vista disabled capture from analog devices. It's a new feature, and it's kinda gay. Basically if you wanna record at that point, you would need different software. I believe you get a CD with video software (Ulead Video Studio 8.0 SE DVD) when you buy the EasyCap, try that and see if you can get video with that. Otherwise, like I said, you're gonna have to go with different software, cause movie maker doesn't support that anymore.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
tru thnx frames that helped a lot

I couldnt use the software that came with the cd cuz it gave me an error saying that i needed a driver or something, ill post the message in a lil

I hate vista its so gay, i might just get xp and install it in my computer

Top Bottom