• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ I need help with .mp3 files! ~

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I got myself the RPG maker XP recently and I've been playing around with it a little. I found out that you can import any music you like and use it in the games. Since I don't like the music that's being offered my the RPG maker I'm using music from other RPGs...but I have a slight problem (don't worry, it's not related to the RPG maker). I used the vixy-coverter to convert youtube videos into .mp3 format (RPG maker supports it) but neither the RPG maker nor any other program on my computer (and I have lots of them...) was able to play the downloaded file for some reason.

I know it's suppsed to work because on my older computer it awlays worked fine: I could get the tune from any RPG game I liked by converting the video it's played in into .mp3...but with my new computer (it's a laptop) it doesn't work anymore. It's not only the RPG maker that doesn't play the tune - no program seems to be able to play it despite it being a normal .mp3 file. Is there something wrong with the file? Or is it even my computer?

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Edit @ mods: If this belongs into the light house or another sub-board let me know....

:059:

noradseven

Smash Lord
Uhh sounds like your converter doesn't work or you don't know how to use it. Also it would be ripping the sound from youtube videos which is a p. ****ty way to get game sound, better off buying the OST(orignal sound track) for the games, or if they are PC games ripping them from your own game.

Also you know you couldn't produce a game and distribute it if its using other peoples music. But if its just for you and your friends to fool around with its fine.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
if it doest work on your laptop, maybe its the laptop, but the post about seem to be of better help >.>

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
OK thanks for your help...imma try the other converter.

@noradseven

ugh no...it's just a little thing I wanna try out. I'm not gonna distibute it just like that lol

:059:

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
Download the .flv from youtube. Use an .flv converter to get the audio track only. Otherwise, what RPG music you need, I got 40+ GB of VG music :D

nicekid76

Smash Apprentice
1st off, just use www.listentoyoutube.com -quick and super fast converter
2nd off, if you just spent a little bit of time searching the web you'd fine good song that are already in the proper format like on rpgmaker blog sites
a few question
1) have you tried out rpg maker VX
2) if you have I was wondering which one you prefer. (XP tiles sets but i like VX better over all)
ps. if you never tried out VX before try it out like NOW...
...if you want

Top Bottom