• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need help vs DDD :( (Vids)

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
I will add two things you can do that might help. I didn't see you do any landing nairs. try to land behind DDD with nair. It sets up well for a combo, or a grab at low %.
Hylian, I'm not going to pretend like I'm a pro or anything (still trying to find solid practice in the area), but I really keyed in on this comment after watching your vids. Most of the time when you tried to approach with spaced aerials, he shield grabbed you. However, when used aerials and finished above/just behind him, he couldn't get the grab and had to drop his shield and turn around, which gave you time to Up B to safety. He didn't really punish you when you got to the back of his shield. Also, he didn't really have an answer to your Up B, and you seemed to get away with Up B -> DAir behind him fairly comfortably.

Not sure if this works all the time, (again, I don't know the matchup) but that was the main thing I noticed after watching your vids.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
CP Falco..lol, D3 has no chance

D3 loves to approach from above and kind of camp with his jumps above you waiting for you to attack and then react. So whenever I see a D3 coming from above I up-B him.

Also like Slik said, you can't Short hop nair cause you will get up tilted.

If you B-air you have to do it with the absolute tip or you will be shield grabbed.

Noa.

Smash Master
This thread helped me a lot. I just recently got destroyed by a DeDeDe, and it's good to get some tips. It was the first time that I ever fought a DeDeDe. Spacing is such a mother with him, and those fair and bair chains are just ugh. But now I'll hopefully be more prepared for the matchup, and I'll get some DeDeDe friendlies in.

Aurion Team

Smash Rookie
I 2 stocked co18 and im good vs DDD so hope ill help u.
to **** a DDD you will have to be alot faster, try to do N-air combos and camping,when he throws his wdlee dees (the ones that shoot rays sparks) use the bucket and absorb them XD thats like 30%.
DDD has a rlly good air priority so if he jumps try to waste his jumps using the Up air.
his recovery is rlly bad so if he lands on the ground try to do perfect shield and Fsmash

Top Bottom