• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Need Help Setting Up Adapter

sprite185

Smash Rookie
I recently got into melee coming from smash 4. I have the mayflash gc adapter with 4 ports but I can't seem to get it to work with dolphin. I've tried using zebig and other methodds but it hasn't really worked. Any help would be appreciated

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
I recently got into melee coming from smash 4. I have the mayflash gc adapter with 4 ports but I can't seem to get it to work with dolphin. I've tried using zebig and other methodds but it hasn't really worked. Any help would be appreciated
If you tried using it in Wii mode, try using it in PC mode. I think it should be in Wii mode.

Plug in your adapter. Both ports, even the gray one that is only for rumble.
DL and Open Zadig. You should have downloaded this one: http://zadig.akeo.ie/
Fom the options menu in Zadig, select List all devices.
In the pull down menu select WUP-028. It's USB ID should be 057E 0337. If not, the adapter might not work. Even if it's not, you might want to try this anyway.
On the right column select WinUSB and click replace driver. Make sure to hit Yes to modify the system driver.

If there is a problem in the installation process then you could try uninstalling the adapter's driver back to vanilla state with Windows Device Manager and start over.
Open Device Manager or run devmgmt.msc, look for WUP-028 in the Universal Serial Bus devices.
Open the context menu for it by right-clicking and select Properties.
Click uninstall under the driver tab.
Check box delete the software software for the adapter.
Re-insert the adapter, then try again.

After all this is done run dolphin (use 5886. It's the best.) make sure you have Standard controllers in the ports you want to use the adapter and that Direct Connect is checked in Settings.

Hope this helps.

DRGN

Technowizard
There are also some settings in Dolphin you need to configure. Hit the config button in Dolphin (or go to Options -> Configure) and go to the GameCube tab. Toward the bottom you'll see Port 1 through 4 for the different players; set the ones you'd like to "Standard Controller."

And under the game pad settings, set your input device to your input device, like "DInput/0/USB GamePad."

Last edited:

sprite185

Smash Rookie
Should that option be in the dropdown menu, because it's not showing up if it should be?

DRGN

Technowizard
You mean the "Device" dropdown in Dolphin GCPad Configuration? Yeah, I think if Dolphin is detecting your device it should appear in the drop-down there. You can also check that your computer is seeing it by going to Devices and Printers, where you should see a USB GamePad device. Right-click on it and click Game controller settings, and you should have a small window with a list of controllers, listed as USB GamePad. Click on one and hit Properties, and you should see a window that will show you the controller inputs in real time (if you press a button it will show you that one was pressed). I have the mayflash adapter with 2 ports, so I don't know if anything might be different for me, besides seeing two controllers listed rather than four.

sprite185

Smash Rookie
Nevermind, I just unplugged it and plugged it baack in and it worked. Thanks for all the suggestions

Top Bottom