• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need help on punishing with Falcon

Marso209

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I have been playing Sm4sh for a while and have mained Falcon since I started playing, and I really need help on punishing this one thing that people seem to do to me a lot. When I down throw someone they sometimes are able to jump away from me before I can follow up, I know how to punish an airdodge by baiting it out but I have no idea how to punish the jumping away from me. :( Please help!

Captain Farukon

Smash Journeyman
you can do a double jump and punish with the knee or a u air by instinct after being thrown the enemies then to airdodge so with the second jump (while in midair ) you ll ve able to do a mindgame
the second option is to inmediately after the down throw do a u air, maybe you can chain 2 uairs or 1 and a neutral air, this is a true combo and its impossible to escape unless the enemy has a lot of damage or if you failed to do it quickly enough, remember , to do this you need momentum the key is : dashing - grab-dthrow - u air - u air etc
also have in mind that some characters are harder to combo than others, learn their dmg% to combo effectively and not even

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
If you didn't dash grab your opponent then heavy opponents or on opponents with mid high percents can DI away and you won't be able to follow up with true combos.

What to do if someone DJs out of your Uair is fastfall and follow them. They will have to land at some point and that's where you punish them. In general you also shouldn't try to force a combo that isn't true as it will sometimes put you at a disadvantage.

Also next time you have a simple question like this please use the question and answer thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom