• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need help getting melee netplay to work

Dat Aint Falco

Smash Cadet
I'm not very good with computers and have run into trouble getting netplay to work. I've been trying to create a melee iso to play on dolphin the legit way, I have a hacked wii, I downloaded CleanRip and ripped my copy of melee (NTSC version 1.0) and I have the GALE01 Disc image file on my computer. How do I convert this to a melee ISO. All of the tutorials I've found online skip this bit and show you what to do once you have the melee iso.

Any help is appreciated.

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
I'm not very good with computers and have run into trouble getting netplay to work. I've been trying to create a melee iso to play on dolphin the legit way, I have a hacked wii, I downloaded CleanRip and ripped my copy of melee (NTSC version 1.0) and I have the GALE01 Disc image file on my computer. How do I convert this to a melee ISO. All of the tutorials I've found online skip this bit and show you what to do once you have the melee iso.

Any help is appreciated.
1.0 isn't used for Netplay, so I can just save you the trouble there.

You could just find 1.2 online, and I'm sure no one would fault you since you own the game (just not that version.)

Dat Aint Falco

Smash Cadet
1.0 isn't used for Netplay, so I can just save you the trouble there.

You could just find 1.2 online, and I'm sure no one would fault you since you own the game (just not that version.)
Thanks, I did end up finding an online version and getting it to work, now I'm just working on configuring all of the settings. An issue I'm having now is with lag and audio. Here's a link to my computer specifications. Is my computer not capable of running melee well or do I need to tweak some dolphin settings?

http://imgur.com/5gmtDbg

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
Yeah, odds are with 4GB of RAM, your Dolphin is swapping from disk constantly which is a big performance hit.

Your processor is also incredibly dated. I'd imagine your GFX card isn't much better on that, and you should probably use the OpenGL backend if you have an Nvidia card.

Y-L

Smash Champion
Problem is definitely the CPU. Dolphin does not require a substantial amount of RAM or that great of a graphics card (although I'm guessing it's probably sub par). You'd need a much more powerful processor to achieve playable speeds.

Top Bottom