• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need help facing against Reckless Players

AuraHammer

Smash Rookie
I really love using DDD. He is a really good character but I am having a really hard time facing really reckless characters and players. I need some strategys to bring down and counter really fast opponents.

I need help with against.

Yoshi that spams B down, Egg throw, Egg roll, Side Smash.

Pikachu That spams thundershock then into Thunder if I get too close or into "Flying Headbutt" if I don't get close. And also spams Side Smash and Down Smash.

Both of them also dash toward me and uses dashing attacks.

Please Help me!

meestertiny

Smash Cadet
use the dash attacks against them, shield grab and then choose to chain it or throw far then follow up when they're not on the ground and able to smash

pikachus like to use the dair when you send them up, so you can shield up again and do another throw follow up

you can also shield and then use dair, works well at racking up damage

and if either of them goes defensive and rolls a lot, punish them with dsmash, it can KO quite well

remember to use bair and fair whenever the chance arises in the air

meestertiny

Smash Cadet
as in flying headbutt, do you mean fair or his special?
fair is pretty slow so you can use faster moves against it
for yoshi, the down special is easy to dodge, just be within distance to ftit or grab after he hits the ground

pikachu's thundershock can be countered by throwing in a waddledee between you to absorb the jolts, along with a lot of other projectiles (samus, fox, falco, wolf, etc)
then close in between each jolt with the shield->grab/dair (if he dash attacks or smashes)/dsmash (if he rolls)

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
really, you just need experience! learn to read them, if they are JUST doing those moves,then im pretty sure they are not that good, and have a pattern to what they do. start to think about that they do, and what the follow up with, eventually you'll be able to punish them everytime.

all it takes is pratice :)

really_calm

Smash Journeyman
yeah I feel you

one of my friends just annoy me to no end with falco's reflector, neutral A combo, Fsmash and laser

It's very annoying for DDD who's just a big laser target.

Try punishing them by spacing outside of their range and using f-tilt and throwing waddles. And using shield and shield grab well.

AuraHammer

Smash Rookie
My brother thinks that is cheap though :p Im going to try to practice against them. Any additional info can help.

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
when you guys start playing good players, you'll realize shield grabbing isnt as easy as you make it out to be lol, let alone the ONLY thing you can do

Jun.

Smash Lord
keep a waddle dee in front of you at all times against projectiles.

bair is your friend - it has awesome priority and stays out long with good reach

forward tilt has awesome range

i've even used his up b to appraoch a few times since the stars that come out after give you a bit of distance from the enemy when you land.

all in all, don't give your opponent a chance to breathe. Keep pressure on him at all times so he doesn't get to spam anything or preplan attacks.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
when you guys start playing good players, you'll realize shield grabbing isnt as easy as you make it out to be lol, let alone the ONLY thing you can do
Yeah, but he can't beat bad players. Shield grabbing ***** bad players.

Lazyboy0337

Smash Journeyman
Try using the super jump (special and up) to dodge most attacks and also hit either or both opponets

rigapeen

Smash Apprentice
dedede can be pretty reckless. although i dont know what you mean. do you mean aggressive, or uses moves that seem to be easily punishable but they seem to beat you?

yoshi should be easy, pikachu is a tough match (hes one of the best imo).

back to dedede being reckless, do 4 bairs off the stage and see how your opponent likes it.

if you cant find a way to beat it, get a quick stock lead by chaingrabbing and regicide for thewin.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
when faced with Yoshi's up-B, use DeDeDe's waddle dee toss. It cancels the egg, and comes out faster. shieldgrab is your friend against dash attacks. Dthrow- Ftilt rocks. Ftilt is good ranged, so that's also good against dash attacks.

yoshi_friend

Smash Apprentice
you can also hold the neutral a combo end part to make pikachu come from above, then jump and bair him

rigapeen

Smash Apprentice
yeah i havent been practicing/thinking about that, but now that i thinkn about it, should be easy to stop pikachu's B with a jab or powershield if you practice a bit.

and pikachu's B doesn't fit the criteria of reckless under any definition so i still dont know what your problem is, OP

yoshi_friend

Smash Apprentice
or, you could just keep spamming side-b until a smash ball comes out, break it, and win.
:chuckle:
but seriously, i never find pikachu that tough. just grab, back throw off the stage. and when he does his quick attack, just bair him. it has really low priority.

Top Bottom