• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need advice vs IC's in lag.....

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
Well, this might be a little tough but, I'm fighting an Ic's that their whole tactic is, Ice block spam and chain grab to death, their play style is noobish but this person is by no means a noob. Well usually I can destroy Ic's due to wolfs reflector, but since this person has a better connection than I do I lag.... alot, spot dodging, reflecting and guarding all around become nearly impossible, I just cant seem to find a way around it, maybe I need to break out Meta Knight XD

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Well...you opponent obviously has an unfair advantage over you. You shouldn't expect to win in the first place under these conditions

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
Well...you opponent obviously has an unfair advantage over you. You shouldn't expect to win in the first place under these conditions
I hear ya, but I can usually beat every other char in this persons roster, I have beat chillin dude b4, beat chu'dats kirby a few times and fought ally's snake and beat that b4, I swear, lag will humble anybody and some ppl say that all lag is the same for everyone at all times, thats bull, like my bro was fighting alpha zealot the other day (no dis to him), decent diddy I guess, but the button lag was hell, he said afterwards to stop johning because his lag wasn't hardly there so we couldn't of had lag either..... I thought to myself "this guy is a mod on swf?" I mean wtf? Oh well..... the person who's beat me with IC's, I even took a pic and showed them I have a red connection with them, the person doesn't care, they said they had a green with me...... XD

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Could this person be me, perhaps? :}

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
Stop playing online is the best solution. It's just not worth it.
I agree, I been thinking about dropping online brawl, but I just can't if you can understand, I like playing other ppl too much, but the ppl are getting better and there is only so much you can do in lag, it's very dis-hearting, I live out in the country, we just got dsl like 4 months ago and frankly..... it sub-par at best, I've never had over a yellow connection in my roster and 29 of my connections are reds...... could it be the router maybe, my router costed $150.00 it should be a good one right? (on topic) Has anyone ever noticed how the sweet spots on wolfs smash attacks are like almost not there online XD I kill most of the time offline at 110%-130% online it takes like 150%-180%...... maybe it's just me....

Exia 00

Smash Champion
The best advice i have received that worked against IC's is to choose a good counter pick stage.( that works for your character and is hard to CG on) In my case it was norfair but i dont know if its the same for you. About the router, i dont know if its the problem but i find that wired connection works alot better then wireless so you may want to consider this. Your're better then me so it feels weird telling you what to do :laugh:

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
The best advice i have received that worked against IC's is to choose a good counter pick stage.( that works for your character and is hard to CG on) In my case it was norfair but i dont know if its the same for you. About the router, i dont know if its the problem but i find that wired connection works alot better then wireless so you may want to consider this. Your're better then me so it feels weird telling you what to do :laugh:
I'll try it, I doubt, but hope it works. XD Thx for the compliment, I felt on the top of my game after fighting chu'dat and the others offline, I never have below .60 seconds of input lag, sometimes it's way worse, it's starting to get to me.... but it seems every time I get online, I start doubting my skill again..... I know I shouldn't because online matches mean nothing in most cases, but still...... my only hope is the rumor that they're gonna fix online play this Dec, but I doubt it.

Chaco

Never Logs In
An Anti Bunny srong hold, I'm digging it. Honestly I have trouble with her to. My Yoshi gets Kirbycided a lot, and her IC's ice block me then get me into a CG and CG Spike me. I can get a stock off, occasionally two.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
To be honest, I hate IC's more then MK (!IMO!) Kill me if you want but try not getting grabbed for an entire match >.>. If there was an easy way to seperate the them....

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
To be honest, I hate IC's more then MK (!IMO!) Kill me if you want but try not getting grabbed for an entire match >.>. If there was an easy way to seperate the them....
Dont get me wrong guys, I can obliterate IC's in an offline match and I've got nothing against bunny (just wish I could fight her irl tho XD, but anyway, online is where I get all my problems, I'm always playing .30 seconds or more behind everyone else, good for mind game training tho. Bunny's kirby is not really a problem for me, it's just the **** IC's online, just dont pursue kirby to the ledge. You gotta control the middle of the stage.

Chaco

Never Logs In
She's mostly why I took up TL, I'mma use him to control the Kirbycides she so easily pulls on my Yoshi. And use TL and hold bombs, to hwere ti can cnacel her chains, 3 damage versus to death, you choose. Easily for me it's 3%.

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
She's mostly why I took up TL, I'mma use him to control the Kirbycides she so easily pulls on my Yoshi. And use TL and hold bombs, to hwere ti can cnacel her chains, 3 damage versus to death, you choose. Easily for me it's 3%.
Watch out for drill smash, grab combo's, kirbys b-air, control the stage center and kirbycide and its not that hard to beat kirby. TL is a pretty good choice for kirby killing, well balanced air combat, very good long range for drawing in the target and pretty high all around killing power, it should work pretty well in theory.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I'm so flattered...I'm blushing. XD

And Toon Link is easy cake. -.-

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
hate thread o.o

Hi everyone in this thread I know ^^

*goes back to Zelda boards* Tea Time : D

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Yeah, I know right Luke? <_<

Whatever it takes to win...even if it takes a whole thread, heh.

Chaco

Never Logs In
HIIIIIIIII Luke =D

So um, yeeeaaaah...Zeke, you said you're looking for competition, riiiiiight? *coughMeleecough* *coughcometoRichmondcough* *coughH4x0RZcough*

Whew, I need a lozenge...
Chris your so discreet. *hands lozenge to Chris* So well, this is now spam. Um, close maybe?

Top Bottom