• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need advice fighting....

Link226

Smash Ace
none other than my main....Link. What is the big deal about me fighting Links because honestly i dont know what im doing wrong. I cant beat Links and Young Links i remember my friend once telling me they are sort of a counter to samus...is this true? What i did notice is that i cannot be in the air because they will just uair me to death. Can anyone just give me some advice?

Watty

Smash Lord
they can be hard i wouldnt say counter. Its juss samus has a h\ard time dodging all the projectiles. u juss need to get close to em so they cant spam stuff at u. and eventually u will be able to tell when the up b is coming and shield it, once u shield it its a free hit. than ledge guarding, try to drop a bomb on the ledge so they up b into it than up tilt. orrrrrrrrrr grab the ledge, drop off with a sex kick they will prolly get an up b hit on u but it should kil them.

Link226

Smash Ace
Thanks alot Watty...i was wondering...where do i put Link and Young Link in the Falling category...like are they more towards fast fallers or floaty characters? Are they easy to combo for samus? Or are they a little harder to combo? Because i think their weight also confuses me at some points

Vaedin

Smash Rookie
Link seems to be a fast faller but not as fast as Fox but still pretty fast, as for being in the air, his uair kills Samus I just usually bomb and DI away to get on the ground. Comboing is pretty easy when fighting Link in my experience. His range is also a problem just got to predict his attacks and get yours in fast. Also for his projectiles try your best to dodge them or hit them with a missile.

Top Bottom