• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i need a little help

roman5hero

Smash Apprentice
Ive always liked the ice climbers and i want to show my friends how good they are.I am trying to learn how to do the alternating chian grabs but so far all i can do is popo b-throw and have nana catch ive tried f-throw after it and ive only been able to do that like 2 times out of like 300 tries.I can also do the popo throw to nana fair 98% of the time .Any sugestions would be apreciated thank you.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
The only way you can get altgrabs down is by practicing. Also, some variants of altgrabs are easier on certain characters. For example, I can Fthrow altgrab Lucario and Wolf all day long but for some reason I can't do it on Snake. I find it easier to Dthrow altgrab snake. Practice different variants to find out which one works best for you on certain characters.

If you can get the Fthrow variant down though, it is the preferred method because Fthrow deals more damage.

Also, Dthrow->Fair->Block resets work against people that can't tech. and against people that CAN tech, you could mindgame them by delaying your throws sometimes and making them miss it.

Hope this helps. :)

Miller

Smash Lord
UGHH there is a sticky on this you know, this is probably the 50th "help me" topic. Just go read some of the stickies and you should be fine.

roman5hero

Smash Apprentice
i have read the stickeis but from what i read it only told me what the were not the timing or anything and ill be gone away from home and any sort of internet for like 5 days so ill practice when i get back thank you speedsk8er

B0NK

Smash Lord
I can Fthrow altgrab Lucario and Wolf all day long but for some reason I can't do it on Snake. I find it easier to Dthrow altgrab snake. Practice different variants to find out which one works best for you on certain characters.
I should also mention that for F-Throw, the timing isn't any different its just with characters like Snake and Metaknight you have less room for error. So I would suggest practicing the F-Throw variation because the timing isn't different while with the D-Throw it's harder to do on different characters and as the damage percentage gets higher, there is less and less room for error.

Top Bottom