• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I need a few tips REAL fast!

LucarioChris

Smash Cadet
I'm in that tournament tomorrow they're having at the Gamestop and I know I'm gonna use Pit but I just wanted a few tips. PLEASE HELP ME!

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
uuhhhhhhhh......... just read around the different threads. if you're gonna read some you better get started... also, there is no way anyone can help you if we don't know anything about what you need help on. if you posted a video or something we could tell you what needs improving, but chances are if you are this urgent for advice, you don't have the game. ya, but if you want help, you should probably be a LOT more specific on what you need help on.

verditude

Smash Journeyman
-Your killing moves are Bair, Fsmash and Dsmash. Don't use them much to prevent stale moves.
-Spam the arrows.
-Don't use the upB unless you're sure you won't get hit out of it.
-To glide, keep holding the jump button after a jump. You can steer up/down with the control stick.
-Spam the arrows.
-Mirror shield can gimp recoveries like Fox's who will bounce off it.
-Spam the **** out of the arrows.

LucarioChris

Smash Cadet
I'm a big fan of long battles, and I mean loooooooooooooooooong (I once got up to 653% in one fight as Marth in Melee.) I would like to know how fast he is overall and his aerial and recovery abilities. Also, I like to chain moves into long combos and racking up lots of damage quickly. What are his best damage dealing and comboable moves?

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
-Your killing moves are Bair, Fsmash and Dsmash. Don't use them much to prevent stale moves.
-Spam the arrows.
-Don't use the upB unless you're sure you won't get hit out of it.
-To glide, keep holding the jump button after a jump. You can steer up/down with the control stick.
-Spam the arrows.
-Mirror shield can gimp recoveries like Fox's who will bounce off it.
-Spam the **** out of the arrows.
wow you summed it up nicely :)

i thought it would take a while to give the most important things, but that pretty much covers it...

LucarioChris

Smash Cadet
Thank you for the tips. I'm gonna check the site to get a little more info before the tournament. Wish me luck!

goateeguy

Smash Ace
a few more tips. pit has amazing aerials (i mean, he's an angel for crying out loud). you aren't likely to get a ton of combos, cuz all the chars in brawl are much floatier. moves like his uair are really useful cuz if you get them caught in it it does like 20 damage, maybe more, and you can usually get some nice knockback. on skyworld i've actually been able to utilt spam or uair spam and bounce people off the ceiling and back just in time for the next one. i've only played for 5 hours though (straight :)) so don't take my word for it...

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
lol bro i also knew i was goign to sue pit. i lsot to some aasain guy who prolly had the game already. he knew how to work the wii mote+nunchuck so good. oh well. gc controller ftw!

korrumaji

Smash Rookie
side b is a good reflector, hop to attack low in the air and spam side b carefully

Top Bottom