• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I miss Chef Kirby Final Smash

WootSnorlax

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I miss it too. Does anyone happen to know what the killing percentages of both of the final smashes compared are? I'm pretty sure the new one kills at a lower percent, but the old chef Kirby with the pot fits his character way better. Not to mention the fact that items pop out of the pot once he's done! I guess that's the tradeoff for a more reliable final smash.

Last edited:

Dbash

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I miss it too. Does anyone happen to know what the killing percentages of both of the final smashes compared are? I'm pretty sure the new one kills at a lower percent, but the old chef Kirby with the pot fits his character way better. Not to mention the fact that items pop out of the pot once he's done! I guess that's the tradeoff for a more reliable final smash.
With my experience, Chef Kirby could kill at 50% if you use it on the edge, while the Ultra Sword kills at around 55% on the edge, but I don't agree with your statement of I guess that's the tradeoff for a more reliable final smash, because Cooking Kirby could kill more than one fighter with not much trouble.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I don't really care about Final Smashes, they're all stupidly gamebreaking and whatnot so their power level means nothing to me. I do, however, feel that Chef had a far greater degree of character to it and that fit well with Kirby.

Dbash

Smash Cadet
I don't really care about Final Smashes, they're all stupidly gamebreaking and whatnot so their power level means nothing to me. I do, however, feel that Chef had a far greater degree of character to it and that fit well with Kirby.
While I do agree that Final Smashes are quite stupidly OP, and the amount of matches against friends who begged to have them on which I then lost are over 9000, Chef Kirby wasn't that gamebreaking....

Well...

Compared to the Ultra Sword it wasn't

WootSnorlax

Smash Apprentice
With my experience, Chef Kirby could kill at 50% if you use it on the edge, while the Ultra Sword kills at around 55% on the edge, but I don't agree with your statement of I guess that's the tradeoff for a more reliable final smash, because Cooking Kirby could kill more than one fighter with not much trouble.
Well what I meant by reliability is that you could actually aim it. For the Chef Kirby you just press the button and hope they don't dodge it.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I prefer the Ultra Sword honestly. I like the Chef Kirby as far as REPRESENTING KIRBY but I found that a lot of people I played against were able to doge this final smash and it wasn't always too useful. I feel like the Ultra Sword has greater range and just looks really neat. I love all the cute stars that shoot out. I don't know that it's a rip of Triforce as much as it look like it was ripped right out of Return to Dreamland. It's like Sakurai saw Kirby use that power and instead of considering a new final smash, just plucked Ultra Sword. I do appreciate Ultra Sword as well for being a modern Kirby game reference... Sakurai doesn't tend to reference Kirby games besides his own other than maybe a couple songs in Brawl and those stickers. So for me it was exciting for that mere aspect.

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
If I could choose,
Hyper Nova > Ultra Sword > Ultra Hammer > Mass Attack > Cook Kirby

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
But no one wants Kirby to turn into a yarn spaceship and shoot people, right?

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
Personally, I would like UFO Kirby as a transformation Final Smash.

Cinematic Final Smashes are nice and all, but they take away player involvement while the cinematic is playing. So transformation Final Smashes are just much more appealing to me.

Top Bottom