• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i might have found something huge

Status
Not open for further replies.

ludvigpasse

Smash Cadet
i played around in trainingmode trying to find a simple jablock combo, and i found it.

I havent tried it enough to say its a true combo, but it seems to be a very usefull tecnique atleast vs heavy opponent, stand close to the opponent, now throw a boomerang, and you have him in a jablock position. So just stand close to him and throw a boomerang and start the jablock. Works at any % and the heavier the opponent the better.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Wow! I soooooo thought this was going to be something else, like a troll or something, so i turned off my monitor...

Anyway, i'm pretty sure this is known.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
The 'rang trips whenever it hits (aerial tripping lol) so, thanks for trying to help Link's metagame, but it's known.

It's not very viable because if at any time any character is that close, either you're playing an inferior opponent who doesn't know his character very well or you got very, very lucky (which doesn't matter anyway). It won't happen in high-tier play because, well, the fastest Link goes is 7 frames. Many characters have moves with super armor for CQC defense or jabs that come out on frame 1 (ZSS for example). The animation in which Link readies the 'rang to throw is enough for a pro to interrupt.

Edit: shield comes out in 2 frames.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
There's a good video of jab lock set ups. I'd link it but my net is so bad but you can find it in our video thread.

Next time instead of making a thread use the Q/A thread if you have any findings. If it's not well known, then I'll let you make a new thread :)

Anyways thanks alot for trying :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom