• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Make Sigs: A Sig Shop

Love And Lament

Smash Rookie

Hello, my name's Gypsy. I make sigs.

You can use this as a request format or just freeball.

Stock is the main image that the whole tag is built around. The easiest type of stock to work with is a render, which can be found at planetrenders.net. It's entirely possible to have more than one picture, BUT BE WARNED, multiple images will usually make for a messy signature, and a poor outcome.

Text is anything from a few numbers to an entire paragraph; though usually, it is your username that is sometimes followed by a subtext (like a catch phrase or tag-line). Keep in mind that too much text can crowd up a signature and make less room for your image. If you want a lot of typing, be sure to ask for a larger sized signature.

Size is how big or small your signature is. The maximum size of a signature on SmashBoards is 550x130 PIXELS. Any higher and it will be clipped off. Any wider and it will stretch the page which will result in an infraction from the moderators.

Color is the overall hue of your signature. It is difficult to get exact colors, but it is not really much of a problem because most people are not too picky about it. But, there are a few perfectionists out there (myself included) that want their signature to match their avatar. If that is what you want, then tell me. DO NOT just give me the same colors as your avatar and expect the result to match. Just say so and I will do my best.

Animation is anything from rain effects, to glowing lights, to disappearing text. These are really popular, as they give your signature... pizzazz. Animated .GIFs can also be inserted into a signture, if you so desire. Note that only subtle animations are possible, and that animating a signature will lower its quality, as I will be forced to make it in .GIF format.

So have at it.​

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Very unique style, I like it. I make sigs myself, example being my Marth sig and the one I usually wear other than that.

Tell you what, I'm curious as to what you'd make, so give me a little bit, as I need to step out of the house, but when I get back, I'll put up a form for you. Sound good? I'll more than likely just edit in into this post if there isn't a reply by the time I get back.

Love And Lament

Smash Rookie
Ah, thank you. I like the lighting on your current one: really elegant. Need to learn how to do that. As I said, it has been awhile, so there is some rust to work off, and only one way to do that. I appreciate the request though: this place seems like a ghost town compared to the Artwork Emporium of old. Thought maybe I would not be getting any replies!

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Fellow sig maker here too. Have to agree, you have a interesting style. Your last sig in particular is pretty sleek. The way part of Ness' render flows out is very creative.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Not sure if you can possibly do this, but I would love to see your creation if you can manage to.

[COLLAPSE=" "]I guess I'll go first then.

Here's my text:

Vinyl.

Here's my pic choice:
[COLLAPSE=" "]

[/COLLAPSE]

All you do is just put that pic in that text (the words in white, leave the blue dot out of it).
I could also kind of prefer a little text glow too. :3[/COLLAPSE]

Love And Lament

Smash Rookie
Fellow sig maker here too. Have to agree, you have a interesting style. Your last sig in particular is pretty sleek. The way part of Ness' render flows out is very creative.
Thank you.

All you do is just put that pic in that text (the words in white, leave the blue dot out of it). I could also kind of prefer a little text glow too. :3
So you want the picture to be over the text, like someone made a signature and then chiseled your name out of it? Am I following along? Apologies, that last line just threw me off a bit.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
For Vinyl's, just use clipping masks. That's what I'd do.

Oh yeah, my form:

Render: http://planetrenders.net/Asylum-Shaco-PSD65750.html

Text: ".Dempt"

I also found a font, if you're interested: http://www.dafont.com/vermin-vibes-diet.font

Just figured for the style I'd like to see, that'd be a sick font. But, if you don't feel comfortable with it, don't use it. Or even if you think text would look bad, don't use it. I know what that feels like, lol. But it'd probably work best behind the render with the opacity set low, with a bigger size.

Size: 450x130 px

Color: Cyan/Black/Purple - Tints of these throughout the sig would be cool to see, especially with that render.

That'd be it. Interested in what I'll be seeing.

Love And Lament

Smash Rookie
Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. :)

So like this? It is pretty much impossible to get the whole face to show within the text. Anything you would like to change? Bigger, smaller, more effects, color, font, different part of the picture? We can work it out until we get what you are looking for.

Oh yeah, my form:

That'd be it. Interested in what I'll be seeing.
I will give it a shot, thank you.

This is what I came up with:

Just let me know if you think anything should be changed! The text is currently giving me hell for some reason, so when I figure it out I will edit it into this post immediately. Anyway, feel free to be as nitpicky as you want and let me know if you want anything changed. It is not a problem whatsoever, especially considering that I have yet to get any new requests. Even give me something else to take a shot at, if you want.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
I feel like it doesn't blend well. Feels a bit 2D and needs depth. I do like the lighting though, and the extra effects with the ripples and the business behind the render. Only other thing I can think of is it needs a focal. Other than that, that's it. Get to it :p

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
Hey can you make this ito a sig it'd mean alot to me if you can use this and put Karl's bad fur day in the paper Mario font

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Hello, Love And Lament, I came across this thread searching for a Signature Workshop. After goodness knows how long, I feel I'm due for a new sig, and would like to ask for you to make one for me. I'll post the info and the render below:

Text: My name, Claire Diviner, is more than enough. However, would it be possible to have two signatures of the same image; one with my name and another with no text at all? An example of this can be seen in my signature below; where it says "Claire Diviner" on it, the second image will be exactly the same, but without the "Claire Diviner" name. I'd want to have the one without text on standby, in case of a future name change. If it's too much trouble, then I can understand only doing just the one with my name.

Size: 550x130... I want to go all the way.

Color: I'm looking for more of a pink, orange, and light purple color scheme. Go with what you feel looks good aesthetically.

The render is Oerba Dia Vanille from Final Fantasy XIII:

NathanNutty

Smash Rookie
• Stock:

•Text: NathanNutty (In Yellow)

• Size: 550x130

Yep, that's all I need.

Top Bottom