• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I main Lucas/Ness and it feels like Lucas is a bit overpowered no?

ctzp

Smash Rookie
Admittedly I don't have much pro experience or one and one, but just playing online with Team Battles and FFA, I seem to own every single game I play...

Now that I think about it though:

Lucas has no wasted moves. Every single thing he has is good!

- Quick and decently powerful forward smash
- Down smash that continues and can hit 3 times, and decently powerful
- Powerful up smash with huge range
- Fast A combo

PK THunder is great for smash balls and edge guarding
PK Fire keeps em away and adds up the damage
PK Freeze has range, good damage, and freezes

Pretty decent aerials, and awesome approach with down aerial

The only thing he doesn't have is great grab game. I'm getting tired of owning everybody with him.. so I think I might just go ahead and use Ness more. I have to try alot harder to do well with Ness though.

Anyone else feel the same? It's funny how many Ikes, Wolfs, and Snakes I see (who are good in their own ways) but I sometimes I can't help but smirk when I win every single round again and again and again against them..

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Free for alls with all items turned on are very different from 1 v 1. Ness is definetly on par with Lucas. Ness's aerial game destroys Lucas's. Lucas is not even slightly overpowered and is one of the characters who actually takes some work to play well with.

Neodaft_boy

Smash Cadet
I'm not certian he's over powered, a lot of his moves come with lag which leaves him wide open if you miss. I think both are pretty equal when you think about it... Lucas is generally easier to use I find.

Levitas

the moon
Lucas's recovery is sweet though.

He's not overpowered, but yeah, there are very few moves that lucas does not like to use.

Powda

Smash Apprentice
Even if ness beat lucas, doesn't change that lucas has much better game against most other chars than ness.

Top Bottom