• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I knew thealmightygoat was a fake but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mascot1063

Smash Rookie
Well... I still really enjoyed reading his posts. Even if they were fake, I still enjoyed them more then what was on the Dojo. Seeing alot of people on here continuously slam him because of it is sort of making me a little ashamed to even have joined these boards. Even if they were fate, they still kind of gave us hope for what would be a really amazing game. I still think it will be amazing. The guy even admitted to what he did. You don't see many people do that. So I don't know about you, but I still respect the guy.

Mascot1063

Smash Rookie
ive heard worse from more people then i can count. im sure one more isnt going to kill you

TheCanuck75

Smash Apprentice
Dude, leave Mascot alone. He has the coolest picture ID I have seen on these forums. Nothing ever beats Powder Toast Man!

Ced The Lad

Smash Apprentice
Seeing alot of people on here continuously slam him because of it is sort of making me a little ashamed to even have joined these boards.
He purposely circulated false information. He deserves to get slammed. And trust me. He isn't sorry. He's sorry that he got caught.

And nope. I have no respect for him at all. A liar's a liar. Especially considering being a member of this board. I joined the board to better myself in smash and obtain accurate information regarding the series. While I didn't believe the lying noobsauce, quite a few from here were taken in by his words. So there was extra (albeit small) effort on my part to separate actual information from false info in multiple threads during these last few days. Simply put, I don't appreciate him or her wasting my time.

But that's my opinion, so meh.

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
Well... I still really enjoyed reading his posts. Even if they were fake, I still enjoyed them more then what was on the Dojo. Seeing alot of people on here continuously slam him because of it is sort of making me a little ashamed to even have joined these boards. Even if they were fate, they still kind of gave us hope for what would be a really amazing game. I still think it will be amazing. The guy even admitted to what he did. You don't see many people do that. So I don't know about you, but I still respect the guy.
thealmightygoat was about the only prophet I repected. Even though he was fake, it was fun. I never believed him for a second, but his level of creativity was above the rest. I'm saddened that he got banned- sure, his 'ShinigamiSword' account is still there, but I made an account there just to comment on his blog, and it's gone now. He was even going to keep going, just for the fun of it, too! Only one person ever flamed the blog after he admitted to it- ONE. Well, between when I last saw it and it disappeared, anyways.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
Hello Mr. thealmightygoat. Nice to meet you.

TheCanuck75

Smash Apprentice
that's one of the defaults >_>
And your point? What's so great about a snake? LAME!

Hahaha, just teasing, don't get offended... or you can, I don't care.

Anyway, thealmightygoat is getting what was coming to him. I do agree it was very entertaining to read. I'm sure thealmightygoat will bounce back from this just fine.

Albiel

Smash Apprentice
I don't have anything against you or your point of view, but I'm afraid I must differ in opinion. Whether he did it for entertaining purposes or not, I cannot condone him lying to a whole community just because he believed that we would find it amusing. To me, a liar is a liar, no matter what reasons or excuses he gives.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
He's an idiot. Nothing he said was any more interesting or creative than what half of the other liars just like him say. He wasn't even a good liar. A good liar would have known that no one would believe Spider-Man was in the game.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I think he made his posts interesting. It seemed a lot more believable than other peoples. I mean I know it was fake and some of the stuff did seemed made up.. But it was something else to do while I sat around and waited..

-Onyx

Kasek

Smash Ace
He's an idiot. Nothing he said was any more interesting or creative than what half of the other liars just like him say. He wasn't even a good liar. A good liar would have known that no one would believe Spider-Man was in the game.
And, for good measure, since I can't seem to edit right now:

Says the one who makes a sterotypical flame post. He went into far more detail than the others- most others just give character rosters, while he refused to do such a thing, instead giving us more fun things... like Evil Tortimer!

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
He DID know that. Didn't he post that right after he made the Spider-Man post?
No, he posted it right after everybody said how full of crap he was. He intentionally lied just to get attention, and when nobody believed his ridiculously stupid lie he said "I was just kidding. I knew no one would believe me."

He intended for us to believe him, and when we didn't he tried to play it off as a joke.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
TAG did post some potentially interesting ideas for Brawl. I don't think we should commend him, but we definitely shouldn't condone him either.

That being said, Round 2 was taking it too far. I would've preferred that he quit where he was instead of digging himself an even deeper grave.

Kasek

Smash Ace
No, he posted it right after everybody said how full of crap he was. He intentionally lied just to get attention, and when nobody believed his ridiculously stupid lie he said "I was just kidding. I knew no one would believe me."

He intended for us to believe him, and when we didn't he tried to play it off as a joke.
Everyone claimed that every time he BREATHED. He said from the very beginning that he wouldn't reveal the roster. He also intended everyone to believe him, so he could prove how easy it was to get people to believe you when it comes to something like this. He was setting us up for his reveal as a fake before it even happened.

-Dark-Marth-

Smash Apprentice
Thealmightygoats's plan has succeeded.
To have people read his information while they know its FALSE.
Cant get any worse than this guys............or can it O_O

CAPTAIN BUTTS

Smash Cadet
I don't trust or believe any of these "leakers", but I did still make my way to his blog a few times. It was more of a "That would be kind of cool" thing rather than a "HOLY PENIS YOU GUYS THIS GUY KNOWS EVERYTHING IN THE GAMES."

The fact that he tried twice, however, makes him a colossal dickbag.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I did respect him for showing some ballz and admitting to actually being fake rather than trying to cover it up or just disappear. Then I started hating him again for doing it all over again by saying "I have new info buy someone else gave it to me" he's just too desperate for attention.

But whats worse than him is how much attention he got and how many boneheads here believed him.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
The guy had good intentions. All he did was try to give us something interesting to look at, he would have admitted his being a phony sooner or later. I don't think he deserves quite as much bashing as other prophets.

Kasek

Smash Ace
The guy had good intentions. All he did was try to give us something interesting to look at, he would have admitted his being a phony sooner or later. I don't think he deserves quite as much bashing as other prophets.
So true. Most prophets, people just say "Fake" and get on with it. TAG? People hate his guts, because he was interesting. The fact that he was able to bait the entire community and get us to take the bait just means that he's that much better than the rest of them- he's good, there is NO denying that.

Eagle-Eye

Smash Rookie
I knew the guy was a fake from the start, and I stated it on multiple occasions. He's a liar and deserves no sympathy.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
So true. Most prophets, people just say "Fake" and get on with it. TAG? People hate his guts, because he was interesting. The fact that he was able to bait the entire community and get us to take the bait just means that he's that much better than the rest of them- he's good, there is NO denying that.
I'd be willing to bet that his "good intentions" were just added later to not look like a ****. Not that he is a ****, he was probably just bored. In fact I thought about doing a fake thing like that myself, boredom leads to stupid things.

And your right on one account, most people are more mad at him than they are at other prophets because they were probably stupid enough to believe it. My stance is don't believe any fake rosters, it won't hurt you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom