• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I keep relying on Dairs too much

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
I recently picked up Young Link again. I forgot how fun hes was to play. But I keep abusing his Dairs. My friends say I'm cheap, and I feel cheap using it, but **** it I just keep getting in perfect Dair situations! It's too tempting, I have to use it!

Are there any nice combos I could use when they just happen to be under me?
I really want to get in the habit of doing some more intersting stuff.

I recently picked up Young Link again. I forgot how fun hes was to play. But I keep abusing his Dairs. My friends say I'm cheap, and I feel cheap using it, but **** it I just keep getting in perfect Dair situations! It's too tempting, I have to use it!

Are there any nice combos I could use when they just happen to be under me?
I really want to get in the habit of doing some more intersting stuff.
2 words:

quad-nair.

Switchblades

Smash Apprentice
Yeah...avoid using the Dair unless you are certain it will land...Try too hard to land it, and you'll just keep missing and put yourself in a bad spot.

If you can time it well, the Dair makes for a fun edgeguard =P. Do your ledgehop, and on your way up, start the Dair. If timed correctly you'll hit your opponent, bouncing them into the air and yourself onto the stage (or you can get really lucky and flame spike).

Just remember...TIMING

Giggidax

Smash Ace
dont feel cheap if ur landing all ur dairs on ur friend and he calls u cheap for doing it. tell him "dont get hit by it then" if he continues to complain lol. but on a side note try not to dair every other move. only dair when u know it will land.
ylink is t3h b357z0r!

ToyzSoldier

Smash Apprentice
There isn't much Y. Link can do coming down. You can either pull out a bomb if you're high enough or start up a dair. If you get lucky though and pull of a bouncing triple dair I like to uair immediatly after I'm finished bouncing without jumping. You'll be surprised because the uair comes right after the dair bouncing is done and leads into more comboing or you can nair out of a bouncing dair without jumping to send them across the stage. And if you flame spike always REMEMBER TO FASTFALL RIGHT AFTER. So you can catch up to them and start a bouncing dair. Well thats it I think, the bomb you can't really combo out of.

Ikural

Smash Journeyman
nothing in the game is cheap.
cheap is a word made by people to describe something that they cant beat.

Edit: The ice climbers freez glitch could be considered cheap, but still

UchihaDemon

Smash Cadet
dair, nair, bair, uair, fair... they all work. YLINK'S AERIALS FTW!!! if u dont wanna use these just pull a bomb and throw it down.

L33teHaxor

Smash Apprentice
Iunno for me it depends on the situation and i agree with you sometimes its hard to resist a dair but i usually would throw a bomb down when I'm low enough and then either do fair, dair, or throw the boomerang and then combo them.

Evil_MARIO

Smash Rookie
Big freddy i suggest just use ur D air and if you have enough time you can throw a bomb down and land a N air, and while they are paralyzed use a bomberang and D SMASH . Good luck

Top Bottom