• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I keep getting wrecked. I need some advice.

shadowrohas

Smash Rookie
I've been playing the game in general for a while on the 3DS version but got the Wii U version a couple days ago, but even on the 3DS version I've been getting wrecked a ton. It seems like no matter how much I practice I'm not improving. I end up moving predictably and it just ends badly for me.

I'm not even sure who I main, because most of the time I play a character for a while, and after getting beaten badly enough I decide that the character "isn't for me" and move on to another. Right now I'm using Shulk, but I'm running into similar issues before. I try to predict my opponent, but I end up being predictable myself, so it counteracts.

I'm sorry if maybe this is a useless thread or I posted it in the wrong place. I just want to be good at this game. I love it, and I dream of being a competitive player one day.

Turrin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Turrin
3DS FC
4425-1919-5126
I would suggest spending a little time off-line first. Since you're switching characters so much, it's possible that you're rushing into battle without knowing a character, then getting discouraged when they don't work right away. I spend quite a bit of time in training mode before going online, even with characters I know well. If you're using Shulk, practice with him in training mode first. Best of luck to you!

Jrzfine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jrzfinest
3DS FC
1762-3319-6557
Play the character that you have fun with, not do well with. Skill comes with time, comfort does not. Usually.

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
Jrzfine is right, play the character you like to have fun with. I decided to main Yoshi when I got the 3ds version, and have pit as a secondary, but the more I played, I decided to main Pit, and Yoshi sort of just fizzled out. I like Pit because I feel like I have the most mobility using him, and I understand how to use him. Don't worry about trying to pick a "main", see it more like your experimenting with the characters. And don't worry about losing, it doesn't mean anything. It's more important that you spend time playing with the fighters. Most people pick a main because their moveset compliments their playstyle. I also suggest reading up on some competitive strategies for the characters, that might help ease you into finding somebody that sticks out to you.

Top Bottom