• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I keep encountering 3v1 online?!

harvey1982

Smash Rookie
It's really creepy when you get online to enjoy a few games of Smash in "For Fun/With Anybody" mode and in your very 1st game the other 3 players just stand there and stare at you. Maybe one attacks you or maybe all three. But they're after you.

What's up with that? Anybody else encounter this? It's super annoying and creepy and really takes away from the fun of the "For Fun" mode. I play online to enjoy the chaos of a 4-person game.. if I wanted to play 1v3 I'd play the computer.

Sincerely,
Confused

IvyDivyHorkyDorky

Smash Rookie
Aahh, it sounds like you might have dropped players that turn into CPUs. You're right, it is creepy! Does it seem to happen after a big lag spike followed by none at all?

harvey1982

Smash Rookie
Aahh, it sounds like you might have dropped players that turn into CPUs. You're right, it is creepy! Does it seem to happen after a big lag spike followed by none at all?
Ooh, is that what's going on? That could be it. There are lag spikes, occasionally, so that would make sense. Also, I'd much rather believe that I'm playing computer players than that 3 people are just acting super creepy and trying to ruin my fun.

DaVe^

Smash Rookie
What do these characters have to do with anything?
The characters have nothing to do with anything. This is all probably just a glitch / bug that occurs during matchmaking, and there's nothing you can do about it. My advice to you is to just get VERY good. Then try to do some 1 on 1 Glory matches.

IvyDivyHorkyDorky

Smash Rookie
Ooh, is that what's going on? That could be it. There are lag spikes, occasionally, so that would make sense. Also, I'd much rather believe that I'm playing computer players than that 3 people are just acting super creepy and trying to ruin my fun.
Haha so much better knowing people aren't collectively being creeps!

The Real Ness

Smash Rookie
It's really creepy when you get online to enjoy a few games of Smash in "For Fun/With Anybody" mode and in your very 1st game the other 3 players just stand there and stare at you. Maybe one attacks you or maybe all three. But they're after you.

What's up with that? Anybody else encounter this? It's super annoying and creepy and really takes away from the fun of the "For Fun" mode. I play online to enjoy the chaos of a 4-person game.. if I wanted to play 1v3 I'd play the computer.

Sincerely,
Confused
Oh I've been in those kinds before.

I guess a player "silently" gets along or something with players by just standing there beside them, knowing they won't hurt him/her. Then they just watch the other two players fighting each other, until they get the other player to come and team up with them. And then all that crazy 3 v 1 shenanigan starts.

I've actually started one before once because I was really bored.

But from what I see you always encounter a 3 v 1.

I think that's not normal...either a coincidence or some glitch/bug.

Last edited:

David Wonn

Smash Ace
If taunt parties are trying to come back, make note of the names. If it continues with the same people, report them.

Top Bottom