• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I just..want to know why you guys want DLC so bad...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Please, not trying to start an arguement, I know some people are dissapointed with the roster. I personally am fine with it. Just, why do you guys want Downloadable characters so badly? I mean this game is HUGE, we have tons of unlockables, online, demos, tons of options to screw around with. Online mode, stage builder, daily stages, a big 314 song soundtrack. 35 characters.

Sure some of the characters you wanted didn't make it in, but honestly ...is it really all that bad? I just woulden't really feel comfortable having downloadable characters...it just woulden't make sense to me..I like having the game in it's current state. Completed...
Sure new content is nice for some games, but for Smash? c'mon now...be reasonable..
I Just hope there isnt any downloadable characters AT ALL..

This game is huge as it is, it's going to last quite a long time I'm sure of it.

tl;dr version

Why do you guys want even more when we already have so much?

(Holds up flame sheild)

Bensei

Smash Cadet
There is a rumour about 7 removed charas, if they removed them just because there wasn't enough space on the Double Layer Disc DLC would be THE Solution and give Brawl a higher lifespan. It would advertise online gaming too since offline buddys are then thinking of getting their Wii onto the net and Nintendo could invest that into larger clusters.

And so the circle closes,... no, wait!

SGX

Smash Journeyman
I couldn't care less about DLC, The game has more than enough content.

I want periodic game balance patches.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
There is a rumour about 7 removed charas, if they removed them just because there wasn't enough space on the Double Layer Disc DLC would be THE Solution and give Brawl a higher lifespan. It would advertise online gaming too since offline buddys are then thinking of getting their Wii onto the net and Nintendo could invest that into larger clusters.

And so the circle closes,... no, wait!

Oh trust me, I know all about the forbidden 7 I hang around GameFAQs enough for that :p

But The data was so small, it didn't even look completed. so it's most likely scrap material.
You can do the same with OoT, you can use the gameshark to access beta, and alpha features as well.

Also Take metroid fusion for example, Crocomire was still left in the game, his model and sprite and everything, his code was found and was activated through a hacking device however, he coulden't fight he just showed up is all.

He wasnt completed.

This game is REALLY stuffed full of so much stuff.

kitsuneboy_geoff

Smash Apprentice
Huh? Why would we not want it? I don't understand what you mean...

Yeah, the game is amazing as it is. I won't be dissapointed even without DLC. But I still want it to be in. How could anyone not?

G&Wismyhomeboy

Smash Cadet
There is a rumour about 7 removed charas, if they removed them just because there wasn't enough space on the Double Layer Disc DLC would be THE Solution and give Brawl a higher lifespan.
There wasn't enough space on the disc so they left the files on the disc? :confused:

Stimpy

Smash Apprentice
DLC adds more years to the game's life. Just look at Halo 2 and all the new maps it had as the game aged.

DLC would make Brawl a supreme game and something we would be playing more and more in the future.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
But we already have stages and such, sure they dissapear after a day, but I just coulden't see this working for brawl other than what we already have =/

Adding new character they would have to make balance patches and somehow implement them into the game..I'd say release the game with what was intended..

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
There wasn't enough space on the disc so they left the files on the disc? :confused:
Which leads to more belief of DLC. Since we already have 7 "partial" characters, it's very likely that Nintendo could let us dowload the rest of the "partial" file, and get more chars. Not only those, but there could easily be more characters Nintdndo has "saved" to give us later. DLC for Brawl would make it a, for lack of a better term, eternal game. Since Brawl already owns, it will have a long lifespan. And adding more to it will make Brawl the most popular game of 2008 by FAR. That, my friend, is why we want and believe DLC exists.

S623

Smash Apprentice
Well, I think it's because that means that there's a prospect of new sages and characters that we wanted in the game and didn't get.

And besides, there can't be too much of a good thing (Or at least in the case of Smash)

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
The rests are on the Discs, but not the full files, because they were never finished
They are probably most likely beta if anything, they were also cut probably because they saw no use for them. So they didnt finish them, sure the Mewtwo select soundfile is in the smash soundfile, the same with individuial themes. If they were ever planning on using these characters i'm sure they would have completed them =/ don't you think?

Last I checked, beta stuff doesnt really ever come back unless you hack it..ala Zelda OoT.

They just leave it in because they are too lazy to delete it, and they are already too far in development to worry about it.

:034:

Smash Hero
Because people want more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Because people want more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more.
Haha...that reminded me of Master Passion Greed by nightwish >_>

Nightwish said:
Hey Judas, your Christess was our love
Hit and run, your will be done
Never sorry, never wrong
More more more more more

Master passion greed
XD

Anyways...I think..when we get our hands on the game we will be overwhelmed by the sheer amount of content we probably won't even thinking about "DLC" because we will be too busy playing to care...atleast that's what I think, I can't speak for everyone though

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Because people won't accept the roster and won't stop crying about (insert character's name here) being in Brawl.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Although the partial characters were probably just that... They were ideas that were added toAlpha test the game very early in it's life, and were also removed in an early stage. Maybe even in the roster planning stages.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Because people won't accept the roster and won't stop crying about (insert character's name here) being in Brawl.
It's sad really, I was there when GameFAQs blew up over the roster...
Ironicly I only wanted Lyn to be a PC, but she's an AT and i'm happy with that...
And i'm happy with the current roster, sure it was like WTF ROB? but then again I just laughed afterwards, I know Brawl will be great...
People didn't accept Melee's roster..yet they loved the game....

http://darkshadowrage.deviantart.com/art/The-Smash-Bros-Rosters-76024601

^ that picture right there...yeah, I show respect for it really.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Why would you not want it? I'm not saying they are, but if a team was dedicated to making more content for Brawl, wouldn't that just make the game even better? You are'nt the one that needs to worry about them being balanced anf whatnot.. that would be their job.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
What if they weren't done with balancing and such and finishing them off so they didn't put them in Brawl and had them as downloadables? HMMM???

Dust319

Smash Apprentice
I think people support or hope for DLC for several reasons, some of which you already mentioned in the original post.
Some want it because favorite character "x" didn't get in.
Some of us were fine with the way the roster was until we learned of 7 characters who had small amounts of data on the disc, and curiousity go the better of us. Now we either want those characters in (DLC) or an explaination as to why they were left in limbo.
Others of us are conspiracy theorist who see the information above and combine it with other information that is shaky at best and see some kind of strange connection.

I think most of us who post regarding this, however, are still frustrated about getting a month's worth of delay in NA, even though Japan only had a week's worth of delay. Thusly, we want some kind of explaination why we are having to wait as long as we are. Something like this would provide an explaination, and comfort.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Why would you not want it? I'm not saying they are, but if a team was dedicated to making more content for Brawl, wouldn't that just make the game even better? You are'nt the one that needs to worry about them being balanced anf whatnot.. that would be their job.
You see, I can understand downloadable skins and mods and such for FPS games, and Stuff for MMORPG's...but for a game like smash..the only thing plausable I could see is the Stages..and we got that. But characters? If they kept adding characters it'd be like MVC2..which has like what..50 or so characters? I forgot, but I think it's around there.

If they kept adding characters, people would complain because it might not be THEIR character that they wanted, and then they add some kinda character no one has even heard about before, then people will go "WTF!?" all over again, more roster complaints...
People will complain about ANYTHING...nitpicking...this is just..one of the things I find disturbing about downloadable characters...it would get too overloaded...and what about the people who don't have online? They get screwed over in the long run..Nintendo wants to make money from EVERYONE, and those who don't have..online, how would they benefit from them? They woulden't...you can't please everyone, but you can **** sure try..
I feel they put alot of work in Brawl, and with the amount of content it sure speaks it..

Yeah same final smashes? So what, yeah they could have had something different, but the game it's self is different all as a whole =/

cynar

Smash Apprentice
DLC adds more years to the game's life. Just look at Halo 2 and all the new maps it had as the game aged.

DLC would make Brawl a supreme game and something we would be playing more and more in the future.
you realize you get weekly stages right? :laugh:

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Sure it'd be nice, but we already have daily stages...which counts as DLC, and stage builder and we can put on SD cards and I think I also saw a sight which was hosting Stages that people upload from their SD cards and you can download them from there and import them to Brawl to keep forever.

Machete

Smash Ace
Because we want more characters, obviously.

I like the roster. Even though it has no Ridley or Mewtwo (who were my most wanted characters), the roster is cool and the game is awesome.

However, if we can get more characters (a few more, like 5 or so), it'd be even more awesome.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
What happens when you get too much? Soon things could get thrown out of proportion, more arguements and how "This character sucks!" "What the hell? WHAT DID THEY DO TO HIM/Her!?"
"THEY SHOULD HAVE HAD THIS MOVE!" "WTF LAME FINAL SMASH!! WE ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH LANDMASTERS!!!!"

We have enough of that already, do you honestly want to see even MORE of that?

Edit: Also, what happens when you FINALLY get what you want?
Take it, you want something so bad...like you know it looks cool!
Everyone has it, you just HAVE TO HAVE IT!
And when you finally get it...then what happens?
Sure you play with it after a while, then sooner or later you get bored of it...and then you want even more, soon you will get bored of the next thing, the process will repeat.
After all is done you look at what you have, then you realize "maybe...this was a bit much.."
You can have alot, but what good is it if it doesnt meet your expectations? Which alot of people seem to have alot of?

SETHMASTEROFPKMN

Smash Cadet
You've heard of the Giga Jiggly glitch, I'm sure? Let's say that can fix it. They release a patch that you can download. Or elt's say someone at Sora had a brilliant idea for a stage, but they don't want to delay. DLC. it goes on and on and on. Just look at any XBox or PS3 game. Vitua Fighter 5, Halo 3, Halo 2, Gears of War... the list goes on and on and on. All of them were very complete games at launch, but the DLC extended the lvie span. Until Halo 3 was released, EVERYONE was playing Halo 2, and it NEVER got old for them, because the DLC kept things exciting! With a longer lfiespan for BRawl, Nintendo gains customer satisfaction, which spreads through word of mouth which equals more Brawl and Wii sales and more customer satisfaction (etc), and then people have a generally positive view of Nintendo. Which leads to more sales of other games and systems...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom