• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I just koopa hopped...with GW...

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Hey GW Board, I'm a GW main from GameFAQs (Basically like the only one there =/)

Anyway I've been using Smashboards for years but never signed up but I had to today to ask about something

Okay, so I was chillin' at home, and I decided since I use my X button to grab why not change my Z to something useful. Anyway I was just joking around with a random level 9 (turned out to be bowser) and after some time in the match I did what FELT like a Koopa/Klaw Hop (I second Bowser) So I immediately saved the replay (it was horrible, i wasn't being serious I swear >_>) And surely enough I watched myself do it again. So at this point I'm thinking: "oh my god, if GW can bounce around the stage with no landing lag that's be awesome"

But like I don't know how I did it. Also i thought, maybe I mid-air jumped close to the ground. But I debunked that theory because whatever I did in the replay I did 3 times not 2 (or 1 however you look at it)

So basically i'm asking is anyone else aware/came across this? If not can I send the replay to you guys so you can figure out how I pulled it off because I can see this aiding GW seeing as he's already pretty fast and If you can do it with a fishbowl maybe you can do it with a turtle or something else

I hope I don't sound like an idiot/naive noob, but I don't think I do...

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Here's the video of the replay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj1g1helSJc

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hj1g1helSJc&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hj1g1helSJc&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

If you upload the replay somewhere, I'll record it for you. I'm curious to see what this is, might be very useful to not ever have to land on the ground, especially against Diddy.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
private / wii / app / rsbe / al /

I think the "al" is right.
Nah it's rp for replay I guess i just figured it out

my computer is crappy so it's took me a bit

http://www.mediafire.com/?mtwjjgd5rvy

I'm sorry you have to watch a bad replay just to see what i'm talking about but if someone can recreate it it could be pretty awesome

for the record I wasn't trying >_>

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
woah....o.o
that is hot

isn't it done the same way as an SJR?
maybe it's just more difficult to pull off

kewl

Smash Ace
NNID
Kewlz3
****. that looks like something really useful.
we need to start cracking down on this.
after a while, finally something discovered with gw? i hope so.

btw Zac that texture is awfully hawt, and that song. catchy.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I'm pretty certain this is just a minor case of second double jumping (or w/e it's called). It's like Infinite double jump but can only be done once until you hit the ground again.

Also, I made two textures for my G&Ws. The Black G&W has a white outline, and all of his attacks have white filling with a black outline. The Cyan G&W is the exact opposite. White filling with black outline, and all of his attacks look like normal black G&W's attacks.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
if this is another case of that,then it means it can be done again o.o

wouldn't that make the diddy MU a hell of alot easier?
can anyone test this and see if it can be done again xD lawl

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I'm pretty certain this is just a minor case of second double jumping (or w/e it's called). It's like Infinite double jump but can only be done once until you hit the ground again.

Also, I made two textures for my G&Ws. The Black G&W has a white outline, and all of his attacks have white filling with a black outline. The Cyan G&W is the exact opposite. White filling with black outline, and all of his attacks look like normal black G&W's attacks.
That breaks my heart

I thought GW finally had another thing to make him more awesome

Well, I guess I'll go back to just playing him the same way he's been played for the last...forever

*sigh*

Anyway why does this second double jump thing happen? There has to be a way to consistently do it.

@Penta, I've been trying to do it for the last hour or so. At one point I came all over myself because I though I cancelled a Fair into a Nair

I realized that I full hopped the fair and doublejumped the nair very quickly before I hit the ground. I felt stupid.

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone

Would you mind sharing how you changed the color of the attacks? (VM's, PM's would work)

Back on topic : If there is anyway this could be done consistently that would be great, theres not many that can hang with our air game and it would surely bump the diddy matchup to our favor.

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
From the little known facts thread:

I found out something amazing a long time ago, but I forgot to post it here.

If you do a forward air after a double jump immediately from the ledge, the ISJR glitch allows you to double jump or do whatever (up B?) again without touching the ground. It could help him get back up from the stage or something, maybe. =P Definitely worth noting though.

If you use up B after this, you "keep" you double jump like would would after a normal up B, provided that you didn't double jump trying to up B.

This is a lot easier with the claw method, and it's best to press down as opposed to away to drop from the ledge so you can DI more effectively.
Obviously, you can do this with nair as well, but the timing is a bit less obvious.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
^I've been doing that for quite some time. I'm trying to get the boards to do it too.

Top Bottom