• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I just got the best idea...

DatDolphin

Smash Cadet
What if you could change the properties of Peach's FSmash through a taunt, like Samus with her beam types. Personally, I love the Frying Pan a lot more than the Tennis Racket and Golf Club. Fsmash to chain grab to DSmash is so fun on spacies. Sadly, it's a completely random combo because I'm not guaranteed to get the Frying Pan every single time.

You could change the UpTaunt, and have her switch between the Racket, Golf Club, and Frying Pan in the same way that she holds her Parasol. I feel like it would completely change Peach's style for the better. Instead of Fsmash being a completely random, requiring you to hope you get the smash you would like, you can have a better idea of the combos/finishers that are going to come out of your smash.

The random Fsmash property feels a little too gimmicky, and a bit detrimental. I understand that the Fsmash has a set order (Racket, Club, Pan), but that would require you to constantly use the smash to get to the property you want, and then saving it, which is kind of lame. If the smash was uniform, for lack of a better word, it would make her a bit more inline with other characters, without taking away the uniqueness of the 3 different smash properties.

Last edited:

Senogon

Smash Rookie
I Like your idea! thanks for the tip, will use it at my tournament i have today! wish me luck! Thanks again ~SENA

YaBoy

Smash Cadet
I'm no peach main but I thought they changed it in PM so that only the first one was random, and afterwords it followed a set pattern? (iirc its Club->racket-> pan? again not the most consistant peach player so shrug). I'm still for the idea, anything that gives more control over a character is a plus in my book

DatDolphin

Smash Cadet
I'm no peach main but I thought they changed it in PM so that only the first one was random, and afterwords it followed a set pattern? (iirc its Club->racket-> pan? again not the most consistant peach player so shrug). I'm still for the idea, anything that gives more control over a character is a plus in my book
I believe it's always a set order. Racket, Club Pan. But even still, I'm not a fan of the other two smashes, so being able to choose would be amazing.

YaBoy

Smash Cadet
yeh i totally agree. each has its own uniqueeness to it and more character control is always a good thing. I guess my only question would be how long would the transition take? I think samus's full taunt is like 1-2 seconds, but she gets a nearly entire moveset swap. peach would just be getting the ability to cycle her smash

DatDolphin

Smash Cadet
yeh i totally agree. each has its own uniqueeness to it and more character control is always a good thing. I guess my only question would be how long would the transition take? I think samus's full taunt is like 1-2 seconds, but she gets a nearly entire moveset swap. peach would just be getting the ability to cycle her smash
I'd say about as long as the original taunt lasts, unless it's possible to speed up the taunt. But the taunt itself is kind of short already. You could potentially just taunt-cancel it to get the switch like most people do with Samus' taunt.

HonkBonkington

Smash Rookie
Is one peach Fsmash weapon better than the others? I've never played her seriously, but I seem to remember not liking the Golf Club. Pan does the most damage but I think it reduces combo ability. Which has less knockback, close golf club or tennis racket?

DatDolphin

Smash Cadet
Is one peach Fsmash weapon better than the others? I've never played her seriously, but I seem to remember not liking the Golf Club. Pan does the most damage but I think it reduces combo ability. Which has less knockback, close golf club or tennis racket?
None of them are better than each other. Frying Pan has combo ability, Racket and Club can kill. I believe Club has more knockback, but a higher angle, and Racket is less knockback with a lower angle. Don't quote me on that though.

Last edited:

YaBoy

Smash Cadet
I always thought club had a sweet spot at the tip like marth?

Angrycuban

Smash Journeyman
all the f smashes are good. Club has best range, frying pan kills floaties really early and racket kills fast fallers really early. I do think this idea could work cause cycling through them is annoying to get the one you want

Top Bottom