• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I just dont get it

dr_eggman

Smash Cadet

Starting Roster would be acceptable.

Why are people spamming around and wondering who will be on the starting roster? As if It mattered! You are going to play to unlock all the chars anyway!

So tell me, why do YOU want to know the starting roster?

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
Some people are interested in trying out every single character out that's playable from the start in order to be able to play them well in other modes. =D

sdhonda

Smash Cadet
Because for the first little while, its going to be all you can play with.

dr_eggman

Smash Cadet
I still dont see a point to this, all the worrying and trolls posting incorrect information, spam everywhere (heck this could be counted as such)

Igneous42

Smash Ace
It matters because some of us might start the game by playing with some friends over, then move on to unlocking stuff.

I think the starting roster is Dojo - sonic and sake and either

- captain olimar
or + 1-4 more chars.

dr_eggman

Smash Cadet
I see the OP pic of the starting roster to be acceptable. Everyone wants to play as the main chars of mario and sonic. So not putting ewither of them in the starting roster would be mean.

Starting roster will be along these lines

Sonic was confirmed as an unlockable, and there is a lack of Kirby and Zelda.

Why do we want to know the starting roster? I dunno, so we can play with them? Doesn't take many IQ points to figure that one out.

dr_eggman

Smash Cadet
So much fuss, You all gotta wait till the 10th feb, or in my case somewhere later in the year (Uk)

I just see too much fussing going on over this

Actually, we only have to wait until the 24th of this month. Japanese release and such.

Ouch. PALerized. Seriously, that really sucks, and I feel for you.

Of course there's fussing. Everybody wants to know what they don't know. I personally would love to see the full roster.

Salamandra

Smash Rookie
With only about 10 days to go, it won't be much longer of wondering and speculation of the starting and complete roster.

But reason people want to know the starting roster be able to know who you're gonna have to use to unlock others.

Ca$hoholic

Smash Journeyman
The Cold north! even though it is pretty hot...

Why do we want to know the starting roster? I dunno, so we can play with them? Doesn't take many IQ points to figure that one out.
Ice climbers is not there either...

We will always wonder about weird things, thats the circle of life, so stop wondering! Better to ask why does the fox steal chickens then eat them.

dr_eggman

Smash Cadet
A true smash pro learns to master any character. Not just main one.

If you can go into smash, and take out anyone with anyone. You are becoming elite

That is how a true smasher plays

dr_eggman

Smash Cadet
Well I guess we do *hehe*

I would like a date from Sakurai, I dont mind waiting if I have a date to wait for, however. Suspense is awful!

1ofMany_ppl

Smash Apprentice
To me it matters cause I'd be really angry to have to go and unlock my favorite character (Zelda) in order to just play casually. I also would loathe the fact of the "WARNING NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING!" screen and seeing it's someone not "new". I'd be like: "New my @**!! She was a starter in melee!!!"
Yeah... though that's how I'd feel.

If you can go into smash, and take out anyone with anyone. You are becoming elite

Nah. If you can beat anyone with one character, who's to say you're not elite? If their 26+ characters can't beat your 1, they don't have much room to talk.

It is fun to master many different characters though.

1ofMany_ppl

Smash Apprentice

This doesn't change the fact of liking to play as your favorite from the start. It's like saying I'm best with Meta Knight but my favorite is Zelda. Zelda isn't a starter so It would make me angry that i couldn't play as my favorite character even though I could still play better as anyone else.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord

There's also a lack of Wario, who happens to be on the boxart.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Nonchalant

Smash Cadet
We want to know so we can stop guessing and assuming and so we know what character we would have fun playing in the future.

1ofMany_ppl

Smash Apprentice
Bah, thats only because the guy playing Kirby attacked Peaches Cage instead of Zelda.

Though back on Topic. Not all people play this game for "competitive-ness" most people like just taking all your favorite characters and putting only bob-ombs or pokeballs on very high and just let chaos insue. Not all of us want to have to spend time unlocking characters when we shouldn't have to. Heck, I'm even "competitive" but love doing those kind of matches. Thats why I think people are so bent over the starting roster.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Nah. If you can beat anyone with one character, who's to say you're not elite? If their 26+ characters can't beat your 1, they don't have much room to talk.

It is fun to master many different characters though.
Counter-picks. If you main Fox in Melee, someone will beat you with DK. Isai is the best with everyone, and Ken is the best with Marth, Fox (or, one of the best), and Roy. You need to know how to use at least 2 characters very well in order to be the best, because of character counter-picks. And stage counter-picks. ;)

Ojanya

Smash Ace
Wait, wait, wait... You made a thread that complaining about starting roster spam? :ohwell:

Counter-picks. If you main Fox in Melee, someone will beat you with DK. Isai is the best with everyone, and Ken is the best with Marth, Fox (or, one of the best), and Roy. You need to know how to use at least 2 characters very well in order to be the best, because of character counter-picks. And stage counter-picks. ;)
I haven't seen Ken use Fox in many matches, save the one against PC Chris. Which he lost...
He won with his Marth the next time the two met.
Isai mains everyone in Melee? I'm pretty sure you either mean Azen, or you mean Smash 64.

Counter picking won't do jack if you can counter their counterpick.

dr_eggman

Smash Cadet
I am starting to see the point a little, however If i was choosing the starting roster, I would just have mario. And everyone else would have to be unlocked. It would add an extra depth to the game, and make people play SSE etc

1ofMany_ppl

Smash Apprentice
I am starting to see the point a little, however If i was choosing the starting roster, I would just have mario. And everyone else would have to be unlocked. It would add an extra depth to the game, and make people play SSE etc
Nowhere on these boards have I seen anyone blatently state that they didn't want to play SSE....From the looks of things that seems to be of the most interest. Even if everything was already unlocked for me I'd still play SSE, as I'm sure most others would. No doubt about that.

Ca$hoholic

Smash Journeyman
The Cold north! even though it is pretty hot...
Just change it to: Start with Mario, Link, Pikachu & Kirby... as shown in the 1st trailer. then everybody else unlocked, cuz that would make it good to play vs too.

dr_eggman

Smash Cadet
24 is a very high number. We should have say 5 - 10 people maximum!

That way there is a good balance of skills, and plenty to unlock.

I love unlocking things, sense of achievement etc etc etc

dr_eggman

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I can see that. I think brawl will be amazing, however a bit of a dissapointment aswell. I hope characters are harder to unlock than in melee. Hardest character to unlock was mewtwo, but that was only 20 hours of play :/ GaW dosent count.....

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I haven't seen Ken use Fox in many matches, save the one against PC Chris. Which he lost...
He won with his Marth the next time the two met.
Isai mains everyone in Melee? I'm pretty sure you either mean Azen, or you mean Smash 64.

Counter picking won't do jack if you can counter their counterpick.
Ken secondaries Fox and Roy, though he doesn't use Roy much anymore. And I meant Isai in smash 64! :grin:

countering counter-picks requires another character, thus, using one character only is a hard thing to do. Impossible to do so and be the best, in other words. ;)

dr_eggman

Smash Cadet
Brawl will make it harder to 'master' as there is alot of emphasis on the 'anyone can pick up and play' as nintendo are going down a new road, not so good for us gamers who want a hardcore game. It looks harder to kill people aswell, so the 'higher tier' characters (In b4 tires don exits, or anything of that sort) or the characters with the better more damaging final smashes should be unlocked later in the game.

More Potential = Harder to unlock

Ken secondaries Fox and Roy, though he doesn't use Roy much anymore. And I meant Isai in smash 64! :grin:

countering counter-picks requires another character, thus, using one character only is a hard thing to do. Impossible to do so and be the best, in other words. ;)
My point is he relies mostly on his Marth.
Ah. Okay then. Isai is impressive in his diversity in 64.

Not necessarily. Practice against said character or stage, and learn to counter it. Not too complicated. Hard to do though.

It's not impossible. Isai's Pikachu could easily dominate anyone.

Top Bottom