• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I just can't do

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PKGaming
3DS FC
0989-1762-3370
Out of the 5 characters I was most excited to play with (Little Mac, Shulk, Pac-Man, Mega Man, and WFT), Shulk and WFT are the two I'm having most trouble with.

Shulk's slower than I expected, both with his attacks and movement. But I have won at least a few matches with him.

But with WFT...I just don't know. I don't get her/him. Aerial moves feel super short ranged and very powerless and I can't safely get back on the stage when I get thrown off. I fought a Bowser and he completely owned me off the stage. I also can't figure out WFT's kill moves. She/he's such a light hitter, I don't know what I can do. Has anyone been practicing with WFT yet? Does anyone have any tips or videos I could observe??

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Wii Fit Trainer imo is sorta a jack of all trades character. Not super specialized in anything, but does a bit of everything decently.

It's important to keep in mind that Deep Breathing does give you a noticeable boost in KO power. It's pretty easy to get KOs with full charged Sun Salutation + Deep Breathing by edgeguarding or catching people as they land.

F-smash packs a decent punch too, though it's unsafe. Decent vertical hitbox, so you can use it against short hop approaches iirc.

If you need to KO someone in the air, I think U-air from what I've seen can work.

Also vs Bowser, just spam projectiles and grab him when he tries to approach. You don't want to fight him directly. He's MUCH easier to deal with by capitalizing on his terrible options in the negative state, and by avoiding playing neutral against him.

This player imo plays Wii Fit Trainer decently. http://www.nicozon.net/watch/sm24597556

Last edited:
Top Bottom