• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I hope I'm not the only one who noticed this resemblance.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Zero Suit Samus looks a lot like an older Winry Rockbell. I wonder if Samus' look is inspired by Winry.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yes, Metroid came before Fullmetal. However, Fullmetal came out in 2003, Zero Suit Samus came out about a year later.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
I do see the resemblance.
I don't see the need for this topic.

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
Yes, Metroid came before Fullmetal. However, Fullmetal came out in 2003, Zero Suit Samus came out about a year later.
Samus has been making appearances without her Power Suit on since 1986.

I think the particular way she's wearing her hair came about in Zero Mission, so that resembles Winry (I think, I haven't seen what she looks like in several years). However, I doubt it was inspired by her.

http://mdb.classicgaming.gamespy.com/sm/smend1.jpg
No, she's had the ponytail since Metroid II. If you watch the best ending of Metroid II and Super Metroid, you'll see that she undoes her ponytail and lets her hair hang out naturally.

sv3

Smash Apprentice
Samus doesn't just have a ponytail now. She also has two long bangs on each side, which, with her blond hair, resembles Winry from FMA.

True Fool

Smash Ace
I only really see great resemblence when viewing hentai of both characters. They look exactly the same like that. Otherwise they have some slight differences. Though it's not as if I glare at their pictures, hentai or not, so I could be off when I say this.

El Frosty

Smash Rookie
tbh, i see the resemblance, but theres only so many ways to draw/model an "attractive blonde with a ponytail" before one starts looking like another.

and yes, samus has had the ponytail long before Full Metal came around.

personally when i first saw her in brawl, i thought she looked like a barbie doll... quite clear shes been sexified to sell the game (then again, in her early games she were wearing a lot less out of the suit, which was at the time, quite sensational and probebly sold a few of the metroid games (OMG! pixelated bikini.. hot!))

then again, i was born in 1985, the origonal metroid was just beyond my time :-p

Crescendolls

Smash Cadet
I can see it, but it seems like a stretch. Samus has more of a severe, "im munna kill chu" look. I can see it more in the anime pictures of Samus, but she isn't anime in brawl...so....guess not.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
The current hairstyle, which shows up in MP2, MP3 and ZM is post-FMA. Doesn't mean she's based on the other girl. They just look alike.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The current hairstyle, which shows up in MP2, MP3 and ZM is post-FMA. Doesn't mean she's based on the other girl. They just look alike.
I know. I'm just saying that it could've happened, but that's unlikely unless her character designer happened to be an FMA fan.

Peaquak

Smash Rookie
all blonde sorority s1uts look the same at my college.... point being.....

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
all blonde sorority s1uts look the same at my college.... point being.....
Obviously, they're all copying off each other.

Okay, I'm kidding. It's actually just something interesting to note. I guess.

Top Bottom