• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I hope Brawl DOES fail in the competitive scene aspect

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Any multiplayer game NOT made for competition automatically fails at that point.

Saying Brawl fails in the competitive scene means that Brawl has failed its purpose. People play for fun if they play it WITH each other, it's different when you're playing AGAINST each other. No matter how casual you are, a multiplayer versus game without competition means **** game.

Subsequently, games without any sort of depth will fall in that same pit most copycats fall under. Some really bad, some good, but not good enough. It only had to take this little for Brawl to fall under good, but not good enough. Seriously, did Brawl deserve its rating? I don't really see why it does. The game, as it seems now, isn't nearly as polished as people hoped to be. There are a lot of bugs, game-breaking bugs, like people falling trough the ****ing stage. Even casuals would say something like **** the ****, this game is balls.

So really, all people wanted was a polished game, a game that wouldn't be a **** chore every time we would turn on the system. We want to be challenged, not being dumbed down by button mashing while making sure we don't hit any game-breaking glitches.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
If there is an installment of Smash that falls short, Brawl will NOT be it. Brawl is the best game of the series, no contest.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
The game, as it seems now, isn't nearly as polished as people hoped to be. There are a lot of bugs, game-breaking bugs, like people falling trough the ****ing stage. Even casuals would say something like **** the ****, this game is balls.
That's not a glitch. Stop playing on Skyworld.

Also:

Since it seems no matter what people say, people are sure they have Brawl all figured out--maybe you might listen to Azen?

I like how everyone in the Top 10 except me and Chillin hate Brawl. They all got so depressed when they went to brawl tournies hoping to win money easily then getting ***** instead. The only reason they want to go back to Melee is so they can win cash again. I wonder why they got ***** in Brawl, maybe its cause Brawl is way more competitive than Melee was. They were too cocky to realize that their Top positions might be in danger, and now they make excuses saying Brawl is too easy and anyone can win. No Jones losers. Maybe they should actually start practicing instead of wishing their Melee skill carried over to Brawl. Brawl is already super competitive, it won't be easy for anyone to get to the Top, so many people are trying to get good now; you can't be cocky just cause you were pro in Melee. Its a new game, not Melee 2.0. Eventually most of the anti-brawlers will die off like with the 64 crowd. lol, just look at how depressed Isai was when he couldn't win everything anymore in Melee like in 64, and he just eventually gave up and stopped trying. Yall losers can stay in the past with Melee and 64, but right now is the time of Brawl and a new generation of smashers will take your place.

-Azen

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I don't know...even Gimpy's nervous over Brawl's compettative aspect.
Gimpy's an idiot and lost all real credibilty that's all i'm going to say on this.

MajinSweet said:
Since it seems no matter what people say, people are sure they have Brawl all figured out--maybe you might listen to Azen?

I like how everyone in the Top 10 except me and Chillin hate Brawl. They all got so depressed when they went to brawl tournies hoping to win money easily then getting ***** instead. The only reason they want to go back to Melee is so they can win cash again. I wonder why they got ***** in Brawl, maybe its cause Brawl is way more competitive than Melee was. They were too cocky to realize that their Top positions might be in danger, and now they make excuses saying Brawl is too easy and anyone can win. No Jones losers. Maybe they should actually start practicing instead of wishing their Melee skill carried over to Brawl. Brawl is already super competitive, it won't be easy for anyone to get to the Top, so many people are trying to get good now; you can't be cocky just cause you were pro in Melee. Its a new game, not Melee 2.0. Eventually most of the anti-brawlers will die off like with the 64 crowd. lol, just look at how depressed Isai was when he couldn't win everything anymore in Melee like in 64, and he just eventually gave up and stopped trying. Yall losers can stay in the past with Melee and 64, but right now is the time of Brawl and a new generation of smashers will take your place.

-Azen
Wow win

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've been noticing high ratings for Brawl. Does it seem ironic that some people are ignoring the game because it's not like Melee?

NukeA6

Smash Master
So that when the inevitable Smash 4 comes out (because Nintendo will do it regardless of Sakurai's influence as Iwata pointed out with their initial response to a smashless wii) there will be far more people interested in the game.

Every franchise needs a game where it just falls short. Seeing as how this is a fighter, the competitive scene should not exist for Brawl because it would hinder the newblood from waltzing into the series for the first time. Consider this game as the casual collector. It will get public recognition on a global level, and if they liked it (which 90% probably do) Smash 4 can come out, and they will buy right into it.

By then, the competitive scene will come back, and our department can only grow.

It is essentially a swoop and scoop. We swoop in with a premise, and we scoop up as much as we can. Then, we mold the new talent into competitive goliaths in the next game.
Every franchise needs a game where it falls short? Yeah, lets kill off the Smash Bros franchise for good.

masterspeaks

Smash Apprentice
I have hopes that SSB4 will come out within 2-3 years. We may have had to wait 7 years for brawl, but with the money Nintendo makes off of this release, we can pray for an expedient sequel to brawl. Even better they release an upgrade melee for virtual console. To the OP and other like-minding people head here http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/webform.jsp and let Nintendo know what you feel about the gameplay in Brawl. It may not do anything, but if Nintendo hears from enough people dissatisfied with their Brawl experience they may work to cater towards their customers. I actually read somewhere that Reggie gets comments from fans who say they like the Nintendo Wifi and that is why Nintendo hasn't changed all this Friend Code crap. I never would have believed it till I read comments from all the dickriding nintendo fanboys.

It is beyond infuriating for people in these forums to tell me I should just settle for mediocrity in a game franchise I used to love. Some people have different definitions of what constitutes a good game. I personally think a melee port with a functional online mode isn't a bad idea. Also, please don't tell me that I'm just some ****** who can't adapt to brawl gameplay. I have... and it is simply not as fun to me.

studly

Smash Ace
all you guys ever do is argue
I mean com on
were all smash fans here....

personally though i think there will be another smash bros game
nintendo cant afford to not make another one..

the question is: Will it be better or worse? Whos gonna make it? and Will it be a better game or a worse game because fo that?

Ciel~Image

Smash Apprentice
Brawl will never fail in the competitive scene simply because of it's popularity. As long as there are thousands of Smash fans willing to play against eachother, than there will be a competitive scene.

Saying Brawl won't be competitive is just something all the Fox and Sheik players from Melee are saying to soften the transition from one game to another.
Congratulations on completely ignoring the well thought-out observations of hundreds of players.

Why not, instead of complaining about the game, Play it. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea, yes. So brawl isn't like melee, who in the whole Universe cares? why care? in fact, i love killing people with little plant people. yes, let's put competitiveness away. Let's play the way nintendo INTENDED it to play. Sakurai wants us to have FUN, yes emphasis on FUN.
Wow, aren't you cool! Nice job using an argument that has been obsolete for weeks!

If you have fun playing competitively, you shouldn't be playing SUPER SMASH BROS. It is more than obvious at this point that Sakurai does not intend, nor ever did intend for Smash to be a hardcore technical fighter like Street Fighter. If playing on Final Destination, 1v1 with no items gets you off, then go right ahead and play that way, just don't come crying back to Smashboards when the game fails to have the depth you want out of a competitive fighter.
Excellent! You've utterly disregarded the fine legacy of extremely technical melee players! Viva la Street Fighter!

Top Bottom