• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I hereby coin the Parthenon combo

Parthenon

Smash Apprentice
You stick the C-4 on the other guy and then you dash-attack and then grab and up-throw and then detonate the C-4 but somewhere in there the C-4 transfers to you so you blow yourself up and everyone laughs at you.

Man I am so boss hog.

Would've been a 3-stock if I had landed that.

EDIT: I am joking, please do not name that after me.

Parthenon

Smash Apprentice
I don't recall touching the other guy except for during the dash-attack and grab, so I suppose it transfer during attacks. Seems pretty easy to swap it if you just have to touch.

However, that's the only time I've ever gotten the C4 transferred to me. Usually I just run away a bit and blow them up. I only did this because the other guy was at 67%, so I tried to tack on some damage and throw him up into the air for a kill.

Parthenon

Smash Apprentice
You can see the C4 on your face.
Well my contact lenses weren't in and also Johns.

Also also, really? Always on the face? I don't get to test stuff like this because I bum the Wii off some other guys, so I can't be like "NO MATCHES I WANNA TEST JUNK."

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
The C4 has several places where it can stick to your body, it's not always on your face

C4 transfers whever you bump into or run through the other person but it cant transfer more than once every about 3 seconds or so

This thread reminded me of when I was playing my friend... I stuck him and he had no idea and then we were just looking at eachother and I said, "Hey whats that on your fac---YOU'RE DEAD!" it was good... I'm pretty sure Gimpyfish recorded that match tooo haha

Parthenon

Smash Apprentice
I was just struck with the idea that maybe when he said "face" he meant the character portrait at the bottom. Someone confirm for me prz gogogo.

SandStorm

Smash Cadet
what kind of combo has an opening of sticking a c4 on some one?

Not exactly a spammibe combo

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
when I do it, it's usually never out of a combo..

it's like if they roll infront of you or hold their shield up infront of you, or if they're on a platform above you, you can shorthop and place it on them it's weird

VU!?

Smash Cadet
Hmm... Any one have any tips on sticking people? I've some times stuck people out of pure luck but other than that I can't seem to get it on them.

PS: You shouldn't feel bad about SDing from your C4. Happens to many Snake players (atleast the ones i know) and to me way too many times =(

Parthenon

Smash Apprentice
It wasn't a self-death, but because I missed the kill and damaged myself, he got to use his last stock to take one of mine.

So, yes, it was pretty much a self-death.

But(!) I still won by a large margin so it's ok.

Vigilant Gambit

Smash Journeyman
An easy way to keep track of who has the C4 is to listen for the stick sound. Planting C4 on a character makes a funny sound, which is repeated every time it is transferred to someone else.

VU!?

Smash Cadet
Well, usually when I SD, I hit the B button a few too many times out of excitement and end up blowing it up =( or I forget where I placed it and blow up when I'm on it.

Parthenon

Smash Apprentice
NEW GREAT STORY

Team doubles in a tourney, final round. I was partnered with Metaknight and we were fighting Ike & Marth. Marth was knocked out and Ike was on his last stock. I accidentally stuck Metaknight with C4 and I was like "Whoa whoa crap I stuck you. Run past Ike and try to transfer it to him." and he was like "I'll just grab him and you detonate and it'll hit both of us." so I did and SOMEHOW IN THERE the C4 stuck to me and I blew myself up again. In the grand finals.

I am SO PRO.

Parthenon

Smash Apprentice
JUST ME. I was standing on like the other end of the stage. Everyone was watching Ike/MK to see the C4 and then Snake on the other end is just like BOOM. It was 3 stooges style.

CurryLad

Smash Cadet
Ha! Must have felt awesome. Your friend was willing to sacrifice himself for victory, but you couldnt let him die so you blow yourself up, unknowingly.

Parthenon

Smash Apprentice
Man, I hope my username is showing up next to my posts. That would make everything a lot clearer.

OH WAIT

Top Bottom