• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have trouble beating Ivysaur.

Young Cricket

Smash Rookie
I main Wario, and while I can beat Charizard and Squirtle pretty easy Ivysaur always seems to give me trouble. He can seem to out poke me with his vines and razor leaf and his bullet seed and Up smash are hard to get him from above.

Any tips?

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
I have alot if problems overall vs Pokemon trainer too. Just play safe until you get him off the stage and just edgehog gimp. Make sure you are approaching from an angle to limit his options (bullet seed/ftilt)

Drezel

Smash Cadet
how could you possibly get beaten by pt...geez seriously step it up. i believe i saw a vid on youtube of a ******** sloth beating ivysaur with wario...anyways just read sHell's wario guide and maybe, MAYBE, you can be like the ******** sloth and beat Ivysaur if you try hard enough. the sky is the limit kid

Wrok

Smash Rookie
how could you possibly get beaten by pt...geez seriously step it up. i believe i saw a vid on youtube of a ******** sloth beating ivysaur with wario...anyways just read sHell's wario guide and maybe, MAYBE, you can be like the ******** sloth and beat Ivysaur if you try hard enough. the sky is the limit kid
Well arn't you an elitist ****.

JonnyManya

Smash Apprentice
Haha, cocky much?
Dude, I bet you can't beat a good Ivy with Wario. Wario has no range, Ivy has range.
What does that mean? Automatic trouble for Wario. Why don't YOU read some guides and learn that there are actually good players out there who can play PT very well, trust me I know >.>

Anyway, when Ivy is using his leaf or whatever he throws and camps, I would suggest using the bike (Since it can block the leafs). However for the range in genral, I would try to get in his face and not stop untill I can juggle him in the air. Maybe be hard though, all the PT players I played main Squirtle =/

yoshi_friend

Smash Apprentice
you can try doing a wheelie on your bike. whats ivysaur going to do when he gets hit in the face?

Christopher Rodriguez

Get out of here. PT isn't bad at all.

Drezel

Smash Cadet
Anyway, when Ivy is using his leaf or whatever he throws and camps, I would suggest using the bike (Since it can block the leafs). However for the range in genral, I would try to get in his face and not stop untill I can juggle him in the air. Maybe be hard though, all the PT players I played main Squirtle =/
Alright here's an idea guys...lets jump OVER the leaves and attack from the side or ride the bike halfway and short hop bite his arse-brilliant! come on guys a monkey ****ing a coconut could do better than this. and Deff you're right, pt isn't half bad, but if you know anything about anything you should know wario is a sexy beast ie. sexy beast anal ***** pt

sexy beast>pt

ill even draw a picture

=======>)0( :confused: i dont know wth i just drew but use your imagination-I know you can since you came up with this
I would suggest using the bike (Since it can block the leafs) [to block the leaves]=/
.......................BRILLIANT

JonnyManya

Smash Apprentice
Well, Drezel if your so smart what would you do?
All I see is you complaining on other people's opinions on what to do rather then give advice >.>

Christopher Rodriguez

Honestly Drezel, do you even play wario? ._.

I'd like to point out that like most people already figured, its pretty hard to get around spammy people. Thats just the way brawl is.

Tairant

Smash Rookie
Use your air dodges. Wario has great air control so you can get a lot of distance while staying invincible. Ivysaur's moves are kinda laggy, so you can take advantage of that.

Don't forget to pop wheelies when you're trying to block attacks with the bike, and be very careful; if you take a solid hit and your bike stays on the level, your recoverying capability is hurt bad.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
No. Don't even start that **** in here. Please.

Anyway, if you can get that freak off the edge, edgehog him and laugh. I'd approach by weaving in and out with SH fairs and SH dairs. You can change it up and add full jumps, double jumps, and airdodges in there too. It's kinda hard to explain but you REALLY have to vary your air approach so as to not be predictable. And don't forget Bite ;)

Once you get a kill on Ivy, stay on his *** after he changes into Charizard and Squirtle. And remember, any Pokemon change after that is a free charged fsmash. Or a fart even. :grin:

Drezel

Smash Cadet
i think im done being an arse now :laugh:

i dont think u should try to fsmash after they change pokes cuz hes invincible for a few frames and it could leave you open...just bite the entire time instead and its a guranteed 10-15%damage. to approach you should run kind of close and then WALK!! just be ready to dodge then roll in and throw or spam dair (recommended). also be sure to smash them with your bike when they try to back out and create space. after a while when it gets hit offstage try to edgeguard by kicking it away when it comes close and grabbing the edge when the green ******* is very slightly below the ledge as this will cancel out its terrible recovery move :chuckle:
ivysaur is like the only brawler that i can't think of a practical use of for bite. cuz all of its attacks have reach...even its throws. i guess you could use it to mix it up a bit but beyond that dair spamming is the best option

Top Bottom