• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have some questions bout Link.

Suprememan20

Smash Rookie
Ok i got this game a coupe of days ago but been playing alot before than.
Ok now for my question im ok with link, And i've been watching videos and reading guides on how to use him. I saw some people Save theirself from falling with the bomb tech, But what i dont get is how does the bomb explode so quickly. What i mean is that when i saw the vids the bomb explodes quick and when i try the bombs take forever to explode. Also when u do the up b in the bomb do u have to hit it a certain way for it to explode cause when i try my sword always hits it away? Thank you if you reply.

demonsbane105

Smash Journeyman
I've never tried this tech, but i would guess you're too far from the bomb when you spinswing. (i'm only guessing, but this is where you pull a bomb before aerial jumping, then drop it or throw it up then spin swing into the bomb causing it to explode and give you another spinswing opportunity or air dodge-hookshot ledgegrab.) (excuse me if I sound like an idiot)

Zodiac

Smash Master
They throw the bomb at the edge and then tech it, try building up your damadge and throwing a bomb on the ground and teching the explosion for practice, helped me, as for the bomb recovery, throw up the bomb and then aim it for Links face, that should do the trick.

Ikural

Smash Journeyman
they throw the bomb up, up b towards the stage but turn aroound half way through the up b and hit the bomb a certain way, causing it to explode.
THATS how you do it.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
ive tried this on several occasions too but whenever i up-b into the bomb i usually jus slice it a couple times and it does explode. it falls quielty below me leaving me to my doom. bah stupid bomb recovery technique

THE AVENGER

Smash Journeyman
i think i just get lucky but somehow im good at it. Just press up as fast as u can thats wat i do and i aim it to links head or around theyr. im not a pro at explaining stuff o i keep it simple
just practice it.

Top Bottom